GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 10:10:08 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 3D Modeler - Ziggy  (Read 9243 times)

Ziggy

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Ziggy has no influence.
3D Modeler - Ziggy
« on: February 13, 2008, 02:22:42 am »

Position applied for...
- 3d modeler

Experience...
- Strong 3d Modeler
- Basic knowledge of UV mapping
- Excel in building 3d props
- Have been in 3d workshop for two to three years now

Programs used...
- Currently using Blender But am able to get a higher quality program if need be.

Sample work

http://youtube.com/watch?v=B97UQyTO3Tg
http://youtube.com/watch?v=WLLXNFoDICE
http://youtube.com/watch?v=eUF67LKd9cM

Email
- Zigglycus@hotmail.com

MSN\AOL
- Zigglycus@hotmail.com

Thank you for your time.

Ziggy

Anthony

• GES Plugin Coder
  • Secret Agent
  • Anthony has no influence.
Re: 3D Modeler - Ziggy
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2008, 02:59:26 am »

I am not a modeler, and I have no idea what we need done for it so far, but I really like it.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2008, 03:01:38 am »

Ever think about moving to XSI?

We could use some render techniques for presentation and image baking.

Have you ever done animations? If so, can I see some.
Also, are you familiar with creating normal maps?
Besides simulations, which are not for the source engine, have you made models for a game?

We'll have to play some COD4 together, you play on the PC I assume.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2008, 03:09:11 am by killermonkey »

Konrad Beerbaum

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Konrad Beerbaum has no influence.
    • Konrad Beerbaum Online Portfolio
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2008, 03:45:54 am »

Your stuff looks very nice, however it is all geared towards film.  Your work shows that you are a competant high poly modeler, and you know your way around blenders shaders and rendering, however those two skills have limited use in games.  Important skills for games are low poly models, efficient uv mapping, and texturing with diffuse/texture, specular, and especially normal maps.

We generally look for people who can model, uv, and texture, since they can fully create an asset and don't have to wait on other people to finish part of it.  That said, exceptions can be made in some circumstances.

I'd be in favor of giving you a trial (its not up to me), but from your work that is shown, I'm not sure if you have enough experience with game art.

And as for your last question, most of the team uses max or maya, and a few use xsi.  The program doesn't really matter, as long as you can export out objs.  However, it is preferable that people compile their own props, and it that case it might require one of the bigger programs. 

« Last Edit: February 13, 2008, 03:47:48 am by Konrad Beerbaum »
Konrad Beerbaum: Environment Artist
http://www.konradbeerbaum.com

Ziggy

• Agent
  • Ziggy has no influence.
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2008, 04:02:34 am »

killermonkey: Never heard of XSI but would love to do presentation images for you guys. I have made normal maps for some of my projects before. as for game modeling I made a game where you drive a hummer around my room (which as a lot of models), I will see if I can get it loaded up on here for you to download. I have not made any animations besides those consisting of physics engine tests. my xfire is zigglycus if you want to play some cod4 sometime that would be awesome !

Konrad Beerbaum: Would love to do presentation images for you if I do not meet the standards for creating lowpoly models. Blender does export to .obj but will have a look at XSI. Although can get ahold of Maya if or 3DMax if needed.

I will get on uploading my game so you guys can have a look.

EDIT: Ok I uploaded the game file if you would like to take a look, you can find it here. Just unzip it all to one folder and double click on the Game.exe file and it should start right up. controls are W,S,A,D to move.

below are two pictures. the first is a picture of the game in the 3d workshop from top to bottom: Material, Bounding Box, Wireframe, UV Mapped. the second is my room of which I based this project on. The picture is a little out of date but gives you a basic idea.

The project is not finished as I never planed on finishing it, it was just to get a grasp of the blender game engine. This should however show you my Low Poly capabilities. If this is not satisfactory I would love to create presentation images for you guys.

Thank you for you time.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2008, 04:35:14 am by Ziggy »

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2008, 04:39:24 am »

I can see you as a good prop modeler, you are already doing most of that in your room project. The only thing I suggest is take a serious look at XSI Mod Tool (http://www.softimage.com/products/modtool/) because it will get you exporting to Source much quicker. I know blender is closer to XSI then MAX. And I think you'll like some of the simulation and shader options given in XSI (I do!)

Jonathan [Spider]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Jonathan [Spider] has no influence.
    • Jonathan Scott Art
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2008, 08:48:03 am »

im going to bump you to trial.

i would like you to work in XSI though for your trial so that you can have an easyer time with getting props in game.

if you prefer to work in another program but can get your props into XSI thats fine too. i wouldn't recommend getting to comfortable in blender though, as its not an industry standard application, and you'll be forced to eventually learn a major package anyway so its better to just make the transition now while your starting out rather than a couple years down the line.

go ahead and make a new topic in the trial members section and ill get you a task to do.
Fonfa
"making out with ugly girls builds character"
"getting the ugly girls then the pretty ones makes you feel like leveling up in an rpg game"

SLX- i'm having a problem
Spider2544 - if you need me to bury a hooker, i can be there in 20 mins with my shovel
SLX - bring condoms
Pages: [1]   Go Up