GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 19, 2024, 11:07:37 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Level Designer  (Read 16532 times)

Sporkfire

• Retired Developer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Sporkfire has no influence.
Level Designer
« on: September 19, 2007, 09:37:37 pm »

Hey guys, I'm applying as a possible mapper for you're project. I've been using hammer for over a year and know it pretty well. My hammer strengths would be brushwork and simply coming up with ideas.

Here are some screenshots to help with you judge whether I'm what you're looking for.

This map I started just this weekend, it's still being built for GE:S. Because of crashing ,I had to use printscreen for the screenshots  in this one

Here is the only screen shot I could find of a buggy racing map I made,

Here are some screenshots of a Halo map I was remaking, for some reason I had plenty of these. (Don't let my lights scare you I lost many up to date pictures when I reformatted my computer)

Whether you want me or not, thanks for taking the time to look anyways.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2007, 10:58:47 pm by Sporkfire »

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
Re: Level Designer
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2007, 12:44:16 am »

well, i can see you use sprites and have some knoledge of vertex menipulation, but your map is very plain (please dont take offence its only critisism) crits will help you get better!!!

I do see that you started this weekend, so your pretty far for such a short amount of time, do you have anyother maps you can display?

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

Sporkfire

• Retired Developer
  • 00 Agent
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2007, 01:02:24 am »

unfortunately no, as I reformatted I lost most of my newer versions and pictures. When you mean "plain" are you suggesting I should use more brushwork, props, or both. I know I need more lighting on the my project right now though.

after searching on the internet I did find one picture of my first map (better than nothing I guess)

But anyways If I'm still considered, I can post updates of what I'm working on right now.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2007, 01:07:31 am by Sporkfire »

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2007, 06:29:16 pm »

yea i do mean props, lighting extra detail with brush work etc, yes keep posting updates, if you want you could pick one of the levels we havent started and try to build that

Basement
Frigate
Library
Stacks
Silo

« Last Edit: September 20, 2007, 06:31:26 pm by SharpSh00tah »

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

Sporkfire

• Retired Developer
  • 00 Agent
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2007, 01:52:54 am »

yea i do mean props, lighting extra detail with brush work etc, yes keep posting updates, if you want you could pick one of the levels we havent started and try to build that

Basement
Frigate
Library
Stacks
Silo

Alright I started on silo.

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2007, 04:33:33 am »

be sure to update, dont leave us hanging like alot of applicants do

Konrad Beerbaum

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Konrad Beerbaum has no influence.
    • Konrad Beerbaum Online Portfolio
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2007, 04:48:56 am »

Yes, you don't have to post images every time, but please check in frequently to let us know you are still working on it and are making progress.  This also lets us see how reliable an applicant is. 
Konrad Beerbaum: Environment Artist
http://www.konradbeerbaum.com

Sporkfire

• Retired Developer
  • 00 Agent
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2007, 07:56:09 pm »

Alright here are screens of my take on silo.

Lighting needs to be improved still, I guess.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2007, 08:03:38 pm by Sporkfire »

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2007, 08:12:01 pm »

Looks fine to me. The last thing we need is lighting fappery.  The BSP railing isn't very sexy, though.  Not that models ever get made, but that's a job for models.

I would put the rotato potato on the grating, though.  Having bars cut off at the rim looks bad, though admittedly it's hard as hell -- not to mention time consuming -- to get them rotated and aligned properly.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

kant.think.str8

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • kant.think.str8 has no influence.
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2007, 08:36:55 pm »

I like it. We need to get a rocket modeled and put in there.  :D

Jonathan [Spider]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Jonathan [Spider] has no influence.
    • Jonathan Scott Art
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2007, 08:51:49 pm »

nice work for such a short amount of time.
ive bumped you to trial.
go ahead and make a new thread in the Trial members section of the forums, so we can crit you and monitor your progress.

Fonfa
"making out with ugly girls builds character"
"getting the ugly girls then the pretty ones makes you feel like leveling up in an rpg game"

SLX- i'm having a problem
Spider2544 - if you need me to bury a hooker, i can be there in 20 mins with my shovel
SLX - bring condoms

Cyan

• Secret Agent
  • Cyan has no influence.
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2007, 03:24:41 am »

I love the possibility of having a multiplayer map with so many points in a level for extremely vertical shootouts.

You have made impressive progress on this level for only two days.

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2007, 03:26:19 am »

I made one of those.  It was fun for a little while, but people kept getting lost.  Someone ought to make a new, stable version of GES so I can re-make the map.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

Cyan

• Secret Agent
  • Cyan has no influence.
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2007, 12:47:07 pm »

You could try remove the angular cuts on the grating by switching the metal strips to a vertical orientation. It would defiantly be simpler that rotato potato on the grating.

Real world examples (I wasn't sure if what i was intending to say above was clear)

oboe

• Secret Agent
  • oboe is looked down upon.
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2007, 05:11:37 pm »

I made one of those.  It was fun for a little while, but people kept getting lost.  Someone ought to make a new, stable version of GES so I can re-make the map.
One with Throwing Knives...
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up