GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 29, 2024, 02:58:27 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Where'd your gaming name come from?  (Read 10617 times)

markpeterjameslegg

• Did I fire six shots? Or only five?
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 202
  • markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!
Re: Where'd your gaming name come from?
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2012, 08:00:26 pm »

I picked Vortex as my first gaming alias, primarily at random and on the spot and it stuck. Later on I felt the need to have something more unique and a name that no one else uses. I decided to play off the old name and fourtecks was the result (yes, I usually prefer it without capitalization).

Aha, I'll remove the capital on my playlist then.

Emilia

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2012, 07:07:13 am »

cy (pronounced: sai) is not just my gaming name, I see it as an artist´s name, chosen in my teenager´s years. cy is everything I am as a human being. an artist, a shark, a gamer, a moron, a sucker, a fucker, a musician and a reader. I don´t know where it originally came from, but it´s short, its cool, it´s funny. like cybersex or mercy. cyprus or the doctrine of cy pres.

Best one so far.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 07:33:01 am by Emilia »
MaJoR: "This is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo getting to be awesome"

Gabbo

• Cate Archer's secret lover
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 24
  • Gabbo might someday be someone...Gabbo might someday be someone...Gabbo might someday be someone...Gabbo might someday be someone...
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2012, 09:19:29 pm »

Gabbo has been my gaming and actual nickname (and variations were given to my brothers and mother - Little, Littlest, and Mrs. respectively) since high school. Guy at a LAN couldn't say my last name to save his life, and 'Gabbo' was the best of the random 'G' words he would blurt out when trying to get my attention. I used Gabbo in a round of TFC at said LAN, friends took it up, and I've been gaming with it since then.

No I do not have strings, yes all the kids of Springfield are SOB's

Kratos

• Reputation Power: 125
  • Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2012, 02:46:04 am »

my name was created by using my first name initial then last name then the year in which i registered goldeneye source forums.

I thought of basstronix while I was taking a shit in Alabama.

lol
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 02:47:53 am by osaeed2k9 »

Enzo.Matrix

• Lead Public Relations
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 179
  • Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2012, 03:02:49 am »

My Sig should be good enough to understand...

ReBoot is very fitting for me and to add the fact it is Canadian.

Originally my first alias was Rapid-X  I needed something for starcraft and a few others so after searching my desk for a good 30seconds.  My dial up modem fax software saved the day.  And now that I think about it, it is rather ReBootesque
GoldenEye: Source Co-Creator
Personal Mission: -Play GE:S with a GE007 N64 Dev (Dr. Doak)
-GE:S reviewed by Yahtzee

terps4life90

« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2012, 02:19:17 am »

Roger Moore Sucks as bond, plain and simple.

Barefoot Girl

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Barefoot Girl has no influence.
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2015, 10:01:00 am »

I called myself Barefoot Girl Cuz I'm terrible with coming up with names for stuff like this so it was the first thing that came to mind. Im a girl (er... WOMAN. Im 24 years old xp) and i'm a barefooter. I hate shoes so I prefer to be barefoot.  lol so yeah...
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 03:29:06 am by Barefoot Girl »

markpeterjameslegg

• Did I fire six shots? Or only five?
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 202
  • markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2015, 10:36:26 am »

My actual gaming name on Xbox Live, Steam and various other places is "MarkMadPage". Mark & Page cos that's my name... The "Mad" comes from a very old picture of me and my brother's Andrew & David buried in the sand when we were kids, my mum wrote the first letter of our names in the sand in front of us spelling "MAD". Not sure why I didn't use it here, I generally use "markpeterjameslegg" on forums, it was my original birth name.

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2015, 09:10:59 pm »

My user name originally stemmed from my brother having an email address of utelax34 when he went to the University of Utah because he played lacrosse and his number was 34. I really look up to my brother and wanted to be like him when I was younger and originally made my email when I was a freshman in high school 'bklax23'. That was also my username on this forum, originally. The high school I went to was Bishop Kelly High School (bk). I played lacrosse (lax) and now coach it, and I was number (23) when I played - hence bklax23.

Then fast forward to college - I went to Carroll College (CC) in Helena, MT. I figured I should retire the old name since I am not in high school anymore and it didn't make sense. The mascot there is "the Saints" and my original graduation year was (2010) - hence CCsaint10 (with preference on capitals on the two cc's). Sadly, I broke that username when I graduated in 2011 (whoops). I decided to keep it that way in the end cause 11 just didn't seem right after having it for 4 years.

Now that I am out of college, I always say to myself that I should change my name. The primary reason I don't is everyone is so used to calling me "saint" and it just stuck. If I changed it now, it would confuse everyone pretty much. So yeah, my name isn't that exciting but there is the story behind it if anyone ever wanted to know.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 09:15:01 pm by CCsaint10 »

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2015, 03:48:23 am »

My user name originally stemmed from my brother having an email address of utelax34 when he went to the University of Utah because he played lacrosse and his number was 34. I really look up to my brother and wanted to be like him when I was younger and originally made my email when I was a freshman in high school 'bklax23'. That was also my username on this forum, originally. The high school I went to was Bishop Kelly High School (bk). I played lacrosse (lax) and now coach it, and I was number (23) when I played - hence bklax23.

Then fast forward to college - I went to Carroll College (CC) in Helena, MT. I figured I should retire the old name since I am not in high school anymore and it didn't make sense. The mascot there is "the Saints" and my original graduation year was (2010) - hence CCsaint10 (with preference on capitals on the two cc's). Sadly, I broke that username when I graduated in 2011 (whoops). I decided to keep it that way in the end cause 11 just didn't seem right after having it for 4 years.

Now that I am out of college, I always say to myself that I should change my name. The primary reason I don't is everyone is so used to calling me "saint" and it just stuck. If I changed it now, it would confuse everyone pretty much. So yeah, my name isn't that exciting but there is the story behind it if anyone ever wanted to know.

Finally I get to know the meaning behind your name. I asked you like 3 different times over the years lol.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

JcFerggy

• Reputation Power: 87
  • JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2015, 04:03:31 am »

My initial username for stuff was computer_freak_####, because I was a stupid kid registering for a hotmail account and computer_freak was already taken a whole bunch. It sucks too because that is what I registered my Steam account as.

The need for my current name came about when someone hacked my old account. I decided to jump shift from hotmail to gmail, but I wanted something that was uniquely me. the J and C come from my first and middle name Justin Craig, while Ferggy is short for my last name Ferguson, similar to how Fergie from the Black Eyed Peas pronounces it, but spelled more masculine. I initially wanted it Fergy (Just one G), but that name was taken already. After adding the extra G I now have a name that is unique to me, and searching for it online will give results that all relate to me, which I find kinda neat.

Related to this, when I went to college, there were 5 other Justins in my dorm. As that obviously could not stand, I took on the name Ferggy to the extent where I would introduce myself as that. That was the first time in my life that I have had a nickname, and it is interesting to know that my name is different depending on who you ask. I had a friend come visit my place, and they called my name, but my grandfather answered as his nickname when he was younger was Fergy (He even has a custom licence plate with it).
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 04:07:38 am by JcFerggy »

RogerMooreSucks

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2015, 07:17:58 am »

Well, the reason behind my name is plain and simple...."ROGER MOORE SUCKS." I hate him as an actor, he is a joke. All of his bond movies should be burned and should be remade due to him ruining those stories Ian Fleming wrote. They should should remove his Bond movies from all major retailers. His take on how bond should be was an absolute joke.
Troy, get back on that treadmill

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2015, 01:42:53 pm »

The story behind mine is a bit silly, but it's still a story me and my friend hold dear. I was 15 years old at the time, and I was hanging out at the place where all my oldest friends usually reunited everyday for about 11 years by now. It was basically our niche.

Anyway, it was 2AM and only I and one of the two guys who we're living there was still awake. We we're playing Saints Row 1 on the XBox and smoking extremely unreasonable amounts of cannabis, and we decided to make a character called "The Ganjaman" and make it as perfect as possible (Which was an almost-exact replica of Dennis Brown, a Reggae singer)
We spent around 2 or 3 hours (Can't quite remember) to find the perfect physical appearance, clothes and car for him, we really put a lot of thought and time into it basically.

When we we're almost done, we entered the safehouse to go make some final changes to his clothes, but as we changed the clothes, the game froze. We stood there for 5 minutes, hoping for it to unfreeze at some point, but it didn't. As we stood there, we realized that we never saved the game once since we started. The Ganjaman was then forever lost.
In memory of this character, I took his name a week later as my permanent online alias to give tribute to this lost memory, and reversed the word a few hours later to give it a more unique twist and to confuse people in-game.

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2015, 06:07:55 am »

Finally I get to know the meaning behind your name. I asked you like 3 different times over the years lol.

I don't ever remember you asking me...ever. If I did, I would have told you, baby. ;) How about you post the meaning of your name? I would love to hear it as the meaning that comes to mind right now probably has nothing to do with the actual meaning.

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2015, 10:15:46 pm »

When I was 12 I made the online handle super_smash_lover for an online forum some of my RL friends were on because I was obsessed with Super Smash Bros. Melee at the time. By the time I was 14 I realized how dumb that name sounded out of context so I just shortened it to "The SSL" (which is what it was on here for a while). As I got older I figured an unknown acronym was too general to be recognizable online, so I stuck my first name in front, making it jonathonssl. Since I now make my living as a grown ass man via online networking I just use my real name everywhere except Steam because I don't want to get doxxed by a 16 year old with behavioral issues on CS:GO.
Luchador: I NEVER NAME MY FILES IN UPPER CASE
Luchador: I ONLY TALK IN UPPER CASE
[GE:S] killermonkey: GOOD TO KNOW
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up