GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 25, 2024, 07:30:37 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: GES Update: March 2008  (Read 92293 times)

Jackred666

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Jackred666 has no influence.
Re: GES Update: March 2008
« Reply #60 on: March 15, 2008, 07:01:47 pm »

Will death animation be even more realistic.

Doc.NO

• 00 Agent
  • Doc.NO hides in shadows.
« Reply #61 on: March 15, 2008, 10:55:54 pm »

I don't fear it
Hmmm??? :
will be, well, rather boring. Im not sure how beta 3 will give a long lasting feeling of enjoyment and fun over 1.1h

Could be march 2009 before we see a game that has as much to offer as 1.1h
Any versions will ALWAYS have more to offer (bug free, hit reg, etc...) than beta 1. Betas 1 just collapsed the community, and then splitted the rests of it.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2008, 10:58:16 pm by Doc.NO »

Jackred666

• Secret Agent
« Reply #62 on: March 15, 2008, 11:38:45 pm »

It would be nice if you guys bring Terrorist into this mod I think it would be cool!

Sean [Baron]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Sean [Baron] has no influence.
    • GoldenEye: Source Official Site
« Reply #63 on: March 16, 2008, 02:23:14 am »

Could be march 2009 before we see a game that has as much to offer as 1.1h

I assure you it will not take that long. Remember the content that is already in BETA 1.1 is already created, it just needs to be re-added to BETA 3 because everything is being re-coded.
/Sean "Baron" Stock
Director
sean@goldeneyesource.net

Loafie, Hero of Dreams

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Loafie, Hero of Dreams has no influence.
« Reply #64 on: March 16, 2008, 04:02:47 am »

hella sucks we have to recompile every single prop wtfubar valve
maps in production: ge_temple maps released: ge_caves, ge_complex, ge_complex_classic
Loafie, Hero of Dreams is watching Big Love
fourtecks: you are watching basstronix?

Jackred666

• Secret Agent
« Reply #65 on: March 16, 2008, 04:22:54 am »

Wow really that is something so will it load even faster or just the same.

Konrad Beerbaum

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Konrad Beerbaum has no influence.
    • Konrad Beerbaum Online Portfolio
« Reply #66 on: March 16, 2008, 05:03:19 pm »

Probably the same. 
Konrad Beerbaum: Environment Artist
http://www.konradbeerbaum.com

Jackred666

• Secret Agent
« Reply #67 on: March 16, 2008, 06:58:55 pm »

What about the character selection will it look like the multiplayer from the original or different.

Sean [Baron]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Sean [Baron] has no influence.
    • GoldenEye: Source Official Site
« Reply #68 on: March 16, 2008, 07:03:19 pm »

What about the character selection will it look like the multiplayer from the original or different.

Our character selection design is more of our own design, with resemblances from the original.
/Sean "Baron" Stock
Director
sean@goldeneyesource.net

EduCatOR

• The OG
  • Secret Agent
  • EduCatOR has no influence.
    • The Gravel Pit
« Reply #69 on: March 17, 2008, 02:21:11 am »

Hmmm???
You said: "Edu, I dont know why you fear the beta 3."
I said: "I don't fear it"
^^ ??

Hmmm??? :Any versions will ALWAYS have more to offer (bug free, hit reg, etc...) than beta 1. Betas 1 just collapsed the community, and then splitted the rests of it.

Well yea of course, Im only trying to get a realistic timeline as to when we will have a game that has the diversity that 1.1h currently has. (Aside from the few bugs) I only show concern because I love to play the game. People who play sparingly will be fine with a polished game and few maps and guns, but i play a little more then that so Im just a little worried that it will get repetitive if the monthly releases after the initial release aren't goodies like maps and new guns.

Jackred666

• Secret Agent
« Reply #70 on: March 17, 2008, 03:09:38 am »

So I see then the big question will the server work like it is now or better once this beta comes out.

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #71 on: March 17, 2008, 03:11:13 am »

better

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

Jackred666

• Secret Agent
« Reply #72 on: March 17, 2008, 02:54:57 pm »

You guys are the better keep up the good work on the mod and I hope one day I can play it like mad crazy.

DaDude

• Secret Agent
  • DaDude has no influence.
    • Youtube Account
« Reply #73 on: March 19, 2008, 06:32:59 am »

k, I'm back. I'm not sure whether I'll still be around in two months to come. I hope I am, but I am very busy (if you haven't been able to tell). I'll start posting my comments about the update.

Bond definitely looks nicer. I'm not an expert in the topic, and I still think there's something wrong with him. But you know what? As a "Custom Bond", he's awesome. However, if your goal was to try and look more like Pierce than your previous model (which I don't think you are), then I'd say you haven't done well there. I think he needs to look a little more like Pierce, but meh.

Knife Stab: I don't actually like it that much. It doesn't look aggressive enough. And looks unatural.

Cradle: Alright, here we go. First, I'll say, very well done, I like it. Little pointers: I think the Piano could be improved a little. It sounds a little... boring? Unrealistic? What I'm trying to say, is use the Piano notes, but change the settings or the instrument to a different piano. I'll post my example soon (no, not the one I posted a while ago). I LOVE the "Plane Falling", as while it's not very relevant, it sounds like the plane falling before the credits in the film, which is a very nice touch. The percussion fits in well with the mood, and so do the other instruments. I'm not too sure on the genre, but none the less, it's good. And I love the few effects in there, especially the cymbols at the end. So, very well done, another awesome piece! Now, comparing this one to the other Cradle theme... I like them both for their own reasons. I can't say one is better than the other, as it's like comparing Apples to Oranges.

Just curious, did Basstronix leave or something? I haven't heard any work from him as of late. Also, off topic for a second, Audix, do you know how I could improve my percussion? It's not bad persai, it's just... the Snare Drums I have suck. And I'm not too sure what to do. That snare at 0:26, while artificial, still sounded good. The thing I need though is a real snare drum sound to be honest.

Finally, Runway. It looks nice, yes. Very unique too. However, it also looks a little too... bare. And I'm not sure you can do anything about this, but the canyon looks too blocky. Try to smooth it out/add more "changes"? I'm sure you'll get what I'm trying to say, lol. -Quick Edit:- And also, the textures, while nice and fade in well, also need a little improving. They look a little unrealistic/too repetitive. OH! And the Snow. It's too blocky again. But otherwise, nicely done.

Anyway, very nice, excited for Beta 3. :D
« Last Edit: March 19, 2008, 06:35:37 am by DaDude »

rotton-cotton

« Reply #74 on: March 19, 2008, 11:46:28 am »

Yea i just cant wait to jump into the single player action in Beta 4.0  :P "joke"

naw seriously though, I can not wait for Beta 3, just as long as its not out before my exams everthing will be sweet, lol

weeeeee edit, its going to have to compete with smash bro's, mario kart and the uncensored version of Manhunt 2 when my Wii gets "sorted" lol, here's hoping
« Last Edit: March 19, 2008, 11:51:08 am by rotton-cotton »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10   Go Up