GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 23, 2024, 03:51:51 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: To kick a round, size 5, ball...  (Read 17560 times)

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
Re: To kick a round, size 5, ball...
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2009, 05:16:47 am »

Golf = Win, what other sport can you play while drunk and do BETTER?

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2009, 06:50:35 am »

I don't know Wake, I can keep my own on the golf course... Starting to slip though, I think last game my score was...80, I think.... I was pretty happy...

Then I played the back 9 and score jumped to like 160, and I threw my clubs in the pond..
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

Loafie, Hero of Dreams

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Loafie, Hero of Dreams has no influence.
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2009, 06:51:40 am »

Golf = Win, what other sport can you play while drunk and do BETTER?

Amen. I play barefoot. It's the purest game in the world. When else can you just smash the crap out of a stationary object with a long stick, then DRIVE to your ball?

Heaven.
maps in production: ge_temple maps released: ge_caves, ge_complex, ge_complex_classic
Loafie, Hero of Dreams is watching Big Love
fourtecks: you are watching basstronix?

Staaf

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Staaf has no influence.
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2009, 02:58:57 pm »

If you didn't like soccer already, check out this video of the match between Holland and world champion Italy as well as vice-worldchamps France on the European Championships of 2008. Total-football ftw!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jj8wqG6d5Hk&feature=related

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2009, 09:17:54 pm »

Total-football ftw!!!

FTFW. Now it's correct. I still remember the semi-final of Euro 2004, against Holland. The goal Maniche scored... and the game itself... Now that is football!

Staaf

• Secret Agent
  • Staaf has no influence.
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2009, 09:50:02 pm »

FTFW. Now it's correct. I still remember the semi-final of Euro 2004, against Holland. The goal Maniche scored... and the game itself... Now that is football!

Portugese bastards  ;) I remember that game, not exactly a friendly match. Must say the current Dutch team is a lot more creative and stable than the team that reached the semi-finals in 2004. We probably would've won the European Cup last year if Boulahrouz's child hadn't died a few days before the match against Russia.

engineer

• Retired Developer
  • Secret Agent
  • engineer has no influence.
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2009, 07:27:01 am »

Get rid of the idiots that fake injuries and football/soccer would be awesome.
Quote from: basstronix
If sounds had taste, those explosions would taste like bacon.  I love it.

PPK

• PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2009, 12:46:45 pm »

Get rid of the idiots that fake injuries and football/soccer would be awesome.

We try, but they won't go away. If they fake it and are caught, they are in for a treat. I do agree with you though.

Maxaxle

• ge_paintball 1
  • Secret Agent
  • Maxaxle has no influence.
    • My site
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2009, 08:36:02 pm »

Yours truly isn't into sports, but likes flag football (all the fun, none of the pain), and doesn't mind soccer when it doesn't involve people who pwn me ruthlessly ( ;D).

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2009, 02:13:45 am »

You cannot fake an injury in football, or atleast it is harder to, because you are charged a timeout, and in football that is a very big thing that you need!

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

bobo72a

• Agent
  • bobo72a has no influence.
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2009, 03:35:22 pm »

I used to play soccer/football as a goalkeeper in high school, but later quit to focus on swimming. I later joined the american football team as a punter in my last year of high school.

I really don't understand why people dislike it with such fervor in America, every sport has it's ups and downs.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2009, 03:38:35 pm by bobo72a »

EMH Mark I

• Earthworm Jimbo
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • EMH Mark I is working their way up.EMH Mark I is working their way up.EMH Mark I is working their way up.
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2009, 06:59:16 pm »

FIFA World Cup Draw today.  England vs. USA, Portugal vs. Brazil, both North and South Korea in the same competition, and finally Italy aren't finding themselves in a Group of Death. 

Bobo, I used to play as a goalkeeper as well back in high school.  As far as why so many Americans hate soccer/football so much, I believe its because the national team just wasn't very good for a while.  I think that's changing now with the team giving better performances in recent years.  It looks to me that soccer's actually growing in popularity now here in the states.

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2009, 07:12:08 pm »

Soccer does not allow a 380-pound, 88-IQ, fat boy to enjoy three years of fame and glory.  That's why USicans don't like soccer.

/of course, not all football players are dumb.
//but some sure as hell are, and if you are big and dumb, football is the only option high school offers you.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2009, 09:37:44 pm »

Well said. (x3)
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

PPK

• Warrior Nation
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2009, 09:56:28 pm »

FIFA World Cup Draw today.  England vs. USA, Portugal vs. Brazil, both North and South Korea in the same competition, and finally Italy aren't finding themselves in a Group of Death. 

Let's see how we fair in the World Cup. I think the last time we played against South Korea was in 1966, in another World Cup. We won, but it was a bit costly, at least in the beginning.

I personally don't hold many hopes for my national team. We barely qualified in a group with below-average teams which we should have won with ease. I don't really like our coach nor some of his player choices. I still wonder why are we fetching Brazilians and giving them Portuguese e nationality when we have good Portuguese players...

Well, we'll see how it goes. I hope for the best but I'm expecting the worst.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up