GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 11:10:02 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: XBLA Map adaptions to Source  (Read 7607 times)

Rick Astley

• Reputation Power: 174
  • Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
XBLA Map adaptions to Source
« on: September 08, 2016, 12:29:09 pm »

I was wondering with the release of the 30 minute Goldeneye XBLA video and the showcasing of maps such as Dam, Facility, Surface, Cradle, Aztec and bits of Egyptain would the team or any 3rd party consider making adaptions from these maps in the source engine?
i know there was the Temple, Complex and Facility Classic maps but idk what do you guys think?

markpeterjameslegg

• Did I fire six shots? Or only five?
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 202
  • markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!
Re: XBLA Map adaptions to Source
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2016, 01:23:55 pm »

I have thought many a time about learning Hammer and attempting to create all Classic maps, it would be great to have them all. Maybe one day when I have more time I can have a go. Have you ever tried using Hammer Rick?

Rick Astley

• Reputation Power: 174
  • Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2016, 03:07:40 pm »

nah sorry mark i havent
though i have used FPSCreator Classic and GameGuru
tried to have a go at making Surface and some The World is Not Enough maps

Torn

• Level Designer
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 169
  • Torn is awe-inspiring!Torn is awe-inspiring!Torn is awe-inspiring!Torn is awe-inspiring!Torn is awe-inspiring!Torn is awe-inspiring!Torn is awe-inspiring!Torn is awe-inspiring!Torn is awe-inspiring!Torn is awe-inspiring!Torn is awe-inspiring!Torn is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2016, 07:12:03 pm »

I don't fully understand the question. We already have all of those maps listed, minus Surface. If you mean creating the classic versions of them, I don't see the point as the layouts are not ideal for multiplayer game flow. That's why maps such as Aztec, Dam and Egyptian underwent so many layout changes.
Official Releases: Dam / Egyptian
Community Releases: Quake - E1M7 / Blockfort

markpeterjameslegg

• Did I fire six shots? Or only five?
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 202
  • markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2016, 11:33:25 pm »

I'd like to see a proper Surface map, and maybe even a classic version as well... I half expected to see Jonathon [SSL]'s Library in the latest version, that map looked gorgeous. The choice of maps currently is amazing though, and they all look and play so good, Caves was my least favorite before, I used to skip it, but now it's one of my favorites, really stunning. The quality and professionalism that goes into this fan made experience never ceases to amaze me frankly, glad to see it finally getting the attention it deserves... I definitely will have to look into learning Hammer at some point.

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2016, 12:29:21 am »

The XBLA Versions of the maps are basically just retextured originals.
Some have slightly increased details too, like the pillars in egypt.

Since we allready have these classic versions in GES, with some exceptions like dam backzone, i don't see the point in recreating the XBLA versions.

Allthough i really like what they did with temple texture wise, we allready have that egypt theme in well... Egypt and Aztec is also taken by another map, so i'd rather see another theme on Temple.

Meanwhile we allready have temple classic, dessert and desert to choose from.

Like Torn allready said, some maps just cannot be made compatible with online multiplayer and only worked because of 4 player splitscreen with much less aiming precission.

I don't say that we won't draw inspiration from the latest Video of the XBLA Version, but at the moment it's a bit early to make any asumptions about that.
Pages: [1]   Go Up