GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 29, 2024, 08:20:36 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Frigate  (Read 28044 times)

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
Re: frigate
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2009, 01:15:14 am »

send me a PM whenever bro!

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

Proxy

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Proxy has no influence.
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2009, 02:35:45 am »

Frigate in my opinion would be an awesome map, I would have to make a music video for the song "I'm On a Boat" by The Lonely Island ft. T-Pain. It would be sweet!  ;D

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2009, 06:24:12 am »

As soon as I read "make a music" I knew what was coming. ::)
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

[GE:S Com] DF Ank1

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • [GE:S Com] DF Ank1 has no influence.
« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2009, 07:03:51 pm »

Well i think it´s a good map. There are many room´s and coridors, and you don´t know when you open a door, if there is a enemy waiting for you or not. And it is sure funny that the bodies are flying around and finally in the water. lol.

But anytime we will have a ge_frigate , if it is a multiplayer level or not. At least when GE:S make a Singelplayer Mod, this map will be WIP.
Big Fan of the Arecibo Observatory / Antenna Cradle.
I would pay money to get the old cradle back. Ad me on Facebook. I am ever glad about new members. Specially when they come from GE:S. My name is Rudolf von Ank

codemaster94

• codemaster94
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Steam Account
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2010, 11:20:47 pm »

This plays the bgm and shows pics of the beta GE:S version:

JcFerggy

• Reputation Power: 87
  • JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2010, 12:00:57 am »

Oh gawd, that is an OLD third party map made back in the beta 1 days. I think Luchador did it, and it was fun to play, but I'm still looking forward to the new one.

Luchador

• Retired Lead Developer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 175
  • Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!
    • My Website
« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2010, 12:01:50 am »

Yeah that was just an old custom map I never really finished. Enzo is working on the official one.

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2010, 09:15:40 am »

To bad this map was never finished.
Except of a few fps drops course of optimizing issues and a few missing things, it was very good and fun to play on.

codemaster94

• codemaster94
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Steam Account
« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2010, 06:20:37 pm »

I never got to play it.

V!NCENT

• 00 Agent
  • V!NCENT has no influence.
« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2010, 06:27:17 pm »

Frigate could be awesome, if the playable part of the map would not be restricted to the ship only, like it does is in the movie (it's mounted).

So on the ship, in the 'halways' it would feature the gameplay of train. On both roofs of both sides (if you make it) you get the gameplay of the Unreal Tournament map of that flying rock with two sniper towers. Then you have the water part, for you own interpretation pleasures, and the dock.

If this is done right, ge_frigate could become an intense and uber MP map, but if this is not done to complete perfection it could instantly suck because of the huge lack of space to move in, so it must be de-cluttered and at the same time be true to the feel of ge64_frigate!
« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 06:28:48 pm by V!NCENT »

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2010, 10:16:12 pm »

I don't think a dock is necessary as part of the playing area, Frigate is a decent size when you think about it. There's plenty of rooms and corridors throughout the ship and large areas on the decks.

The layout is also quite cyclic, there's no dead-ends and every area has more than one exit. As it stands it's about the size of Facility in terms of playing area, except it's more compact and stacked up.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

{EFC}Cobra

• Elite Fighting Corps
  • Agent
  • {EFC}Cobra has no influence.
« Reply #41 on: February 19, 2010, 10:34:44 pm »

Being former Navy, I've actually seen one of these ships, La Fayette Class Frigate, up close and personal, honestly if you get dimensions right and all, you could easily put 16 people running and gunning and have as much closure as Facility as someone already said.  IF there is going to be a Frigate map, keep the original map in mind, but I would base it moreso on the real thing.

Enzo.Matrix

• Lead Public Relations
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 179
  • Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2010, 11:02:52 pm »

@{EFC}Cobra   

You wouldn't happen to have a bunch of photos or video I could use for reference would you?
GoldenEye: Source Co-Creator
Personal Mission: -Play GE:S with a GE007 N64 Dev (Dr. Doak)
-GE:S reviewed by Yahtzee

V!NCENT

• 00 Agent
  • V!NCENT has no influence.
« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2010, 11:16:34 pm »

I hope the sun will react tommorow because it's vital for the survival of humanity.

You see? Do you see?!

{EFC}Cobra

• Elite Fighting Corps
  • Agent
  • {EFC}Cobra has no influence.
« Reply #44 on: February 20, 2010, 12:24:55 am »

@Enzo, let me do some research and see if I can't get a general idea, I'm sure I can get some basic blueprints somewhere.  There's some basic pictures of the La Fayette on Wikipedia until then.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up