GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 24, 2024, 10:20:22 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: PROXIMITY MINES  (Read 32427 times)

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
Re: PROXIMITY MINES
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2009, 04:43:26 am »

At least they're easier to see now that they have that green glow.
Before, planting them in the complex or the bunker made them almost invisible. ::)

I always threw them in that bridge-like area of the complex as a youngin'. :)
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2009, 09:58:31 am »

:) i love proxies so much fun

I hate them, specially when some jerk starts planting them at spawn points.

Hope you guys fix them for B4, probably make the beeping sound louder or longer, or make them glow in some color, like Rodney 1.666 said.

drukqaddik

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • drukqaddik has no influence.
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2009, 01:48:25 pm »

lol have i spawn killed you ppk?

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2009, 03:22:56 pm »

I hate them, specially when some jerk starts planting them at spawn points.

The joke's on them if they plant them at spawn points because we have spawn invuln protection. You'll blow up that n00bs mines without taking ANY damage. Please read carefully the release documentation when it becomes available (Friday or so)

PPK

• PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2009, 06:24:56 pm »

The joke's on them if they plant them at spawn points

I meant in this release. And not exactly on the spawn point, near it, in a place you have to pass through to get out of that area.
The invulnerability time is a great idea by the way. And of course I'll read the BETA 3 release documentation thoroughly. Either way, I wasn't planning on doing such a cheap thing (planting proxies). Some can argue it requires some thinking. To me, it only require you to remember where you planted them to make sure you don't fall in your own trap.

@drukqaddik
Dunno if you have, but I remember that I've already played with you.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 06:27:06 pm by PPK »

Storm101

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Storm101 has no influence.
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2009, 11:23:54 pm »

A lot of people like to stay in the spot where proxies are in Facility (by the "maintenance tunnel" and the door that you opened with the console in the game) and surround it with proxies. Then they'd take that garbage can and use it to block the stairs. Then all they do is stay in there and watch as their kill count skyrockets.

That tunnel is removed so that should no longer be a issue, but I really hope people can think it through if they choose to put proxies in their loadout...

drukqaddik

• 00 Agent
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2009, 11:27:04 pm »

lol fun times

WatchMyTrace

• Secret Agent
  • WatchMyTrace has no influence.
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2009, 12:25:42 am »

A lot of people like to stay in the spot where proxies are in Facility (by the "maintenance tunnel" and the door that you opened with the console in the game) and surround it with proxies. Then they'd take that garbage can and use it to block the stairs. Then all they do is stay in there and watch as their kill count skyrockets.

That tunnel is removed so that should no longer be a issue, but I really hope people can think it through if they choose to put proxies in their loadout...

The tunnel is removed? i like the tunnel why not just remouve the garbage can??

JcFerggy

• Reputation Power: 87
  • JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2009, 12:37:32 am »

I missed the tunnel at first, but after playing with it, I thought it was a good choice. The tunnels were used more as an escape route rather than a usable part of the map. And if you did ever meet someone in it, it would just be a few shots to kill them, since there would be no where to go.

Now fighting is confined to the lower stairs, the locker room, and the main access tunnel, which still plays fine with several people.

WatchMyTrace

• Secret Agent
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2009, 01:50:01 am »

I missed the tunnel at first, but after playing with it, I thought it was a good choice. The tunnels were used more as an escape route rather than a usable part of the map. And if you did ever meet someone in it, it would just be a few shots to kill them, since there would be no where to go.

Now fighting is confined to the lower stairs, the locker room, and the main access tunnel, which still plays fine with several people.

I guess thats true for some but i have some pretty solid gameplay strategies that revolve around the tunnel (no not cheating with the garbage can) It also serves as a secondary route to the two rooms along the main tunnel. I love it and use it often, it will be sorely missed  :'( 
« Last Edit: February 06, 2009, 01:57:18 am by WatchMyTrace »

drukqaddik

• 00 Agent
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2009, 12:43:13 pm »

i never really liked the tunnel. kinda glad its gone. lost kills to that tunnel

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2009, 01:57:20 pm »

I will also miss the tunnel...
Added variety to the things you could do.
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

WatchMyTrace

• Secret Agent
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2009, 04:19:15 pm »

I will also miss the tunnel...
Added variety to the things you could do.

exactly it made the map less linear

PPK

• Warrior Nation
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2009, 04:32:24 pm »

The tunnel was a good addition, but also a good spot to plant the proxies, specially behind the stairs. But if they ought to keep it (they won't, but some third-party mapper may do it), they should make the exit to the locker room a bit more protected, because it was really easy to get killed in there.

WatchMyTrace

• Secret Agent
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2009, 07:28:32 am »

After having played enough of beta3 (great job by the way!) to make a judgement on this I have to say that constantly getting shot in the back while trying to leave those back rooms is much more annoying than anything i've ever encountered in the tunnel, what was once my favorite map is now just a exercise in frustration  :-\
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up