GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 07:39:12 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: (Gametype) The Spy Who Loved Me  (Read 16912 times)

Rukifellth

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Rukifellth has no influence.
(Gametype) The Spy Who Loved Me
« on: October 16, 2016, 03:22:59 pm »

More based on the novel, MI6 has to protect one random member of it's team from Janus.

If the protected survives until time runs out, MI6 wins. If killed, Janus wins.

Question is, should the protected be allowed to carry weapons or not?

SuperFlyMenace

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • SuperFlyMenace has no influence.
Re: (Gametype) The Spy Who Loved Me
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2017, 03:46:15 pm »

That sounds like a fun gameplay mode. I think the protected should be able to carry only a pistol with a set amount of ammo and armor for the whole round. I'd totally play that!

XGII

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • XGII is looked down upon.XGII is looked down upon.XGII is looked down upon.
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2017, 05:28:31 pm »

pistol, kife, and knives ... but what pistol should it be? the klobb? or a dd44 or pp7. I'd say they should be able to carry the knife and throwing knives in order to choose what they
 feel might be the better outcome in a certain situation like the pillar room in complex. If I were to have the klobb as my defense and then got stuck in the pillar room. I may take out
  my knife to use instead because of it being such a tight area. But should I be able to pick up armor to? or only half armor? and everytime I get a kill should I be able to refill my armor?
   But if I could choose, I'd rather have the pp7 as my only defense  weapon how would the body armor work for them though?

SuperFlyMenace

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • SuperFlyMenace has no influence.
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2017, 06:02:04 pm »

I'd say the pp7 would be my choice as well for the protecteds only weapon. As for the body armor, they'd have to be spawned with it full and somehow disable them from picking any up. I don't know anything about programming but I'm pretty sure that's something that can be done

CptLima

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 210
  • CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!
    • Follow Cpt. Lima on Twitch!
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2017, 01:53:12 am »

Cool idea - I'm OK with even making it less complicated; let the protected do anything protectors can do (pick up any gun, replenish body armor) - let's the protected do a "last stand" against attackers and shoot back when all nearby body guards have been killed, instead of being defenseless... also makes body armor respawn locations a strategic location for the protection group to defend, to ensure the protected has access to it in an assault.

That said, the whole gametype is dependent on the people who nonstop only play FFA arsenal and FFA LTK to actually play team-based game types... we have an awesome, really fun CTF mode currently and it's virtually impossible to find a populated server to play it.

null

• Agent
  • null is looked down upon.
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2017, 09:41:27 am »

Some challenges i see see for this:

-it takes awhile for all players to join the server after a new map load, so the waiting time can be longer. 
-How to handle the "protected" from leaving the server or going spec? Should the game end, or auto select a new player?
-All i think is needed in the code is a Random Player Selector function and then check that players id for every kill/death then end the round if its the "protected".

JohnRDVSMarston

• Insania est arcanum
  • Agent
  • Reputation Power: 34
  • JohnRDVSMarston is a rising star!JohnRDVSMarston is a rising star!JohnRDVSMarston is a rising star!JohnRDVSMarston is a rising star!JohnRDVSMarston is a rising star!JohnRDVSMarston is a rising star!
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2017, 07:39:12 pm »

Hm... What if the Protected title was passed over  MI6 teammates?

An MI6 player receive the title ("protected" for 60||90 seconds, I'm not sure), but that's only showable for the MI6 team.

Janus players, if shooting the protected, the player which shoot is alerted on who is the protected (like a glow that doesn't pass through all walls, only thin ones – looking at you, fake walls from Complex).

If the Protected's dead, Janus wins. If no one died with the title, MI6 wins.
Working around to be programmer, voice artist, designer, compositor and writer. If you want help, I'll be much obliged in helping you.

P.S: No, I'm not behind you with a bloody screwdriver. I'm a nice guy! >:D

CptLima

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 210
  • CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!
    • Follow Cpt. Lima on Twitch!
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2017, 02:21:34 am »

This is essentially a team variation of the "Pop A Cap" game mode from Perfect Dark, right?

"'Pop a Cap' involves one player being selected at random as the victim. For the victim to score points, they must remain alive for as long as possible. Everyone else must kill the victim to score points."

JohnRDVSMarston

• Insania est arcanum
  • Agent
  • Reputation Power: 34
  • JohnRDVSMarston is a rising star!JohnRDVSMarston is a rising star!JohnRDVSMarston is a rising star!JohnRDVSMarston is a rising star!JohnRDVSMarston is a rising star!JohnRDVSMarston is a rising star!
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2017, 03:03:52 pm »

Kinda, but using teams for the "victim" to have someone to help him.
Working around to be programmer, voice artist, designer, compositor and writer. If you want help, I'll be much obliged in helping you.

P.S: No, I'm not behind you with a bloody screwdriver. I'm a nice guy! >:D

Waluigi-Brain-Squeegee

• Agent
  • Waluigi-Brain-Squeegee has no influence.
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2017, 06:58:08 pm »

This seems like it could be a fun game mode if it's able to be figured out on how to work it, I would definitely play this mode if it existed. I think the whole armor issue should work like man with the golden gun, whereas the person who is the "protected" can pick up armor once, but like when the person with the golden gun picks it up something stops them from picking up any more armor. As for the "protected" being able to pick up weapons, I think they should have some way of being able to defend themselves, even if that's just giving them a knife or throwing knives, they should have at least some way to defend themselves if all other teammates have been killed and they're in a situation where they need to fight back for a moment.

null

• Agent
  • null is looked down upon.
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2017, 12:18:30 pm »

This seems like it could be a fun game mode if it's able to be figured out on how to work it, I would definitely play this mode if it existed. I think the whole armor issue should work like man with the golden gun, whereas the person who is the "protected" can pick up armor once, but like when the person with the golden gun picks it up something stops them from picking up any more armor. As for the "protected" being able to pick up weapons, I think they should have some way of being able to defend themselves, even if that's just giving them a knife or throwing knives, they should have at least some way to defend themselves if all other teammates have been killed and they're in a situation where they need to fight back for a moment.

I agree with this completely, 1 Armour pick-up per "protected", great idea.

Waluigi-Brain-Squeegee

• Agent
  • Waluigi-Brain-Squeegee has no influence.
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2017, 08:38:36 pm »

Seems to be the most fair way to do it in terms of armor from my point of view, especially if they can defend themselves when there are no "body guards" left, if they can just constantly pick up armor, it would be a lot more of a hassle to kill them as opposed to like in MWGG, when the player with the golden gun picks up armor, they can't anymore so that it's more fair to the other players. So in my opinion it is also only fair that the protected gets to pick up armor once per round, provided they can defend themselves when no "body guards" are near.
Pages: [1]   Go Up