GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 01:28:35 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do you change sound files out?  (Read 3729 times)

codemaster94

• codemaster94
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Steam Account
How do you change sound files out?
« on: July 25, 2011, 01:10:11 am »

My neighbor and I play against each other online sometimes, and he was curious. He wants to edit the weapon sounds and the music to sound like the original. Any suggestions?

coolDisguise

• GoldenEye fan
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • coolDisguise barely matters.coolDisguise barely matters.
Re: How do you change sound files out?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2011, 01:19:24 am »

Although I'm not part of the Dev team (just doing translations) I think the policy on this is, that it's discouraged to do so and we (Devs and community) won't give instructions on how to do it.
If you manage to do it anyway please refrain from posting guides or some soundpack, thanks.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2011, 01:58:44 am »

We don't discourage changing the sound files out, but we do discourage distributing copyrighted materials such as the original sound files from the N64 game.

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2011, 02:28:12 am »

There are one or two soundpacks floating around the community, you'll have to ask around (ie: not here)
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer
Pages: [1]   Go Up