GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 11:21:05 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: GoldenEye: Source v4.2.3 Release and Downloads  (Read 51147 times)

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
Re: GoldenEye: Source v4.2.3 Release and Downloads
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2013, 09:12:47 am »

The question is, is the text understandable even with the weird letters in it?
We might need to do another revision of the edited Font to correct that.
But we need to make sure it doesn't break stuff in other languages as well.
v4.2 had some issues with ß in the DSMonster font in the german version, too.
I need to check again if it still persists in v4.2.3.

The issue is that some languages use the same letter space for a different character.
So by fixing the font for a certain language it might cause issues in other languages.

Since GES allready supports more languages then some commercial products,
it's quite a task to keep everything working correct.

Maybe at some point we could even need a language patch (simple replacement of the fonts with the other version) for east european languages if the font's are incompatible.

VGF

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 28
  • VGF is on the verge of being accepted.VGF is on the verge of being accepted.VGF is on the verge of being accepted.VGF is on the verge of being accepted.VGF is on the verge of being accepted.
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2013, 10:52:59 am »

The question is, is the text understandable even with the weird letters in it?
We might need to do another revision of the edited Font to correct that.
But we need to make sure it doesn't break stuff in other languages as well.
v4.2 had some issues with ß in the DSMonster font in the german version, too.
I need to check again if it still persists in v4.2.3.

The issue is that some languages use the same letter space for a different character.
So by fixing the font for a certain language it might cause issues in other languages.

Since GES allready supports more languages then some commercial products,
it's quite a task to keep everything working correct.

Maybe at some point we could even need a language patch (simple replacement of the fonts with the other version) for east european languages if the font's are incompatible.

Allow me to remind you this post:
http://forums.blackmesasource.com/showthread.php?t=13016&page=3

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2013, 02:33:10 pm »

VGF that post didn't say anything, can you clarify?

VGF

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 28
  • VGF is on the verge of being accepted.VGF is on the verge of being accepted.VGF is on the verge of being accepted.VGF is on the verge of being accepted.VGF is on the verge of being accepted.
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2013, 02:34:54 pm »

There's a way to make the polish/russians/any non-Latin 1 characters to show correctly, but right now, because of the engine, they only appear in Tahoma font.

Kratos

• Reputation Power: 125
  • Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2013, 03:06:40 am »

Sorry for a late review, but I tried the latest GES update (4.2.3) just now and I have to say I had the most satisfying gaming experience in a source game. The guns fire just about right and the damages have been improved since the previous versions. The feel of the game is perfect. There was no major issues that I have come across recently.

We need more people in the servers.

Great job with the updates and I hope to see new features coming ahead.

terps4life90

« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2013, 12:23:13 am »

I just download this because i thought this build was just released today LOL im such an idiot, i don't know what to say.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up