GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 19, 2024, 01:39:23 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: Some of my James Bond work  (Read 9771 times)

terps4life90

Some of my James Bond work
« on: June 02, 2010, 10:10:24 am »

Here is my Youtube Channel which has some of my bond music, which i have recently be redoing music for the James Bond gun barrel, a lot of good stuff in there. Here is the linkL

http://www.youtube.com/user/BHerbs2009

Go check it out!!!

basstronix

• Music Composer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 45
  • basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!
Re: Some of my James Bond work
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2010, 09:43:19 pm »

For the first gun barrel (the default video on your channel):

Take it easy on the compression! You're really smashing the detail out of the audio. It also sounds like you're punching the hell out of the highs and lows while killing the mids.  That's a mistake a lot of people make - i.e. the smile curve.

Second gun barrel (going down the list of uploads)

You're still putting way too much emphasis on the highs.  This one specifically has ONLY highs. Fill up the spectrum and this one has some potential.

Gun barrel 5:

It doesn't sound quantized to me, but maybe that was intentional. Idk, it sounds pretty messy in terms of timing. Sorry, don't have much I like about this one.

Quantum of Solace car chase:

It started out nice, but as soon as the action started, I felt like I was in an 8 bit video game. I don't mean to discourage you, it could very well be that your samples and synths simply suck hard. From everything I've heard, you really love that high end of the spectrum. Balance it out and give the mids and lows some love.

Sorry for coming across negative, but keep doing what you're doing man!

terps4life90

James Bond Gun Barrel- With My Own Music!!!
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2010, 01:56:03 pm »

Here is the James Bond theme i did for the james bond gun barrel, I must say i am proud of this theme. Here is the link:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5YELJ900

Please tell me what you think about it.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 01:57:42 pm by terps4life90 »

basstronix

• Music Composer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 45
  • basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!
Re: James Bond Gun Barrel- With My Own Music!!!
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2010, 08:27:09 pm »

This belongs in your other topic. Why make two topics about your gun barrel music? Also, why make the change from youtube to megaupload? People are more likely to listen if they only have to make one click, as opposed to a captcha and a minute wait.

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2010, 05:50:39 am »

You are correct Bass. Keep it in one topic if its the same topic.

-merged
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

terps4life90

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2010, 01:23:12 am »

Here is my version of Bond's watch theme from the single player in Goldeneye n64. Here is the link:

http://www.4shared.com/audio/OZPjMmdf/GE__Bonds_Watch_Theme.html

If you ever decide to make single player you have my permission to use it, just as long as i am credited for it. ENJOY!

terps4life90

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2010, 01:37:44 pm »

The James Bond Gun Barrel theme- My Way

Here is the link: http://www.4shared.com/audio/naCjhj4m/EPIC_GUN_BARREL_FAN_FILM.html

You guys have my permission to use it if you want to for the game.

terps4life90

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2010, 04:14:12 am »

One of many Goldeneye n64 songs i am working on, thought i release some previews before hand, some instruments are missing but it still coming along well. I hope you enjoy, comment, rate, and subscribe!

Proxie

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 141
  • Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2010, 08:06:33 pm »

You forgot to add those sounds at :26, song was decent up until :46 seconds.

terps4life90

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2010, 10:03:37 am »

Here is my finish version of the Runway. Here is the link:

http://www.4shared.com/audio/nEKxavFk/GE_Runway_WIP.html

Proxie

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 141
  • Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2010, 04:05:47 am »

sounds like you ripped the song and edited it a bit.  :P

terps4life90

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2010, 04:51:20 am »

No lol, I have been working on these for about a month, took the time to orchestrate it, i have always wanted to do this, i have played the piano for about 6-7 years. The Frigate at the end sounds bad because it isn't finished and missing a key instrument.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 04:55:14 am by terps4life90 »

jjmusicnotes

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2010, 06:55:37 pm »

Not a bad start - there's definitely a lot more opportunity for this piece to grow.  If you don't mind, I just thought I'd share a few things that I thought while listening to it:

I'm not sure how it's coming out on your setup, but on my setup, your mix could definitely use more bass.

In addition, it might be nice to get away from the chorus / phaser periodically - it has a tendency to cover the melodic things that are happening in the other patches.

I'm curious to what exactly you mean by "orchestrate," because the term usually implies instruments, and part from the strings in the middle, the texture is mostly electronic.

At around 1:17 you use a tritone to imply a secondary dominant.  I was disappointed that it didn't modulate or re-appear later on.

Those are just some thoughts...overall, good start!

terps4life90

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2010, 07:36:24 pm »

This isn't the overall finish piece, This the basic runway, i am added other instruments (Orchestrated) with different notes added. I understand i need to get away from the "synth" I also think it has more opportunity :).

terps4life90

« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2010, 08:09:03 am »

Here is a new Goldeneye Multiplayer theme I'm working on, It's a WIP, and the guitar needs to be reworked, other than that i think it is worth showing.Tried to stay original. Here is the link:

Feedback would be great.

Emilia

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2010, 09:51:10 am »

You need to change that flicking sound with something else.
MaJoR: "This is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo getting to be awesome"
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up