GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 03:46:23 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Februrary 29, 2008 - Linux, compiles!  (Read 6050 times)

Anthony

• GES Plugin Coder
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Anthony has no influence.
Februrary 29, 2008 - Linux, compiles!
« on: March 01, 2008, 08:38:11 am »

Hey guys,

It figures that the day I can solve all the problems would be a the leap day of a leap year. This blog is short. Basically, when building the actual modification for Linux servers, GCC was reporting an error in their own code, it looked something like this:
error "::fopen" not defined

At first I thought, "Oh, maybe I need to update my GCC version." After doing so through MULTIPLE versions (like 30 different versions), I made an educated guess and assumed it was Valve at it again. I looked in the command line for the G++ building, and I finally noticed this: "-dfopen=fopen_dont_use"

Wow Valve, you didn't even bother to look at the GCC instructions, did you? Finally after fixing that, I am STILL fixing all the case sensitivity issues as well as simple casting issues that Valve neglected. Anyway, Linux is working great now that I fixed most of the problems, soon there should be absolutely a perfect build with debuggable symbols.
Your coder,
Anthony Iacono

Cyan

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Cyan has no influence.
Re: Februrary 29, 2008 - Linux, compiles!
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2008, 04:07:55 pm »

...soon there should be absolutely a perfect build...

Awesome! This is great news on any day of the year.

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
Re: Februrary 29, 2008 - Linux, compiles!
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2008, 08:34:08 pm »

Nice Job Anthony. Keep up with these blogs. I love reading about your coding endevours. :) And they keep the community informed that things are still getting done. :)

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up