GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 12:56:14 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down

Author Topic: v4.2 Translations  (Read 72708 times)

VGF

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 28
  • VGF is on the verge of being accepted.VGF is on the verge of being accepted.VGF is on the verge of being accepted.VGF is on the verge of being accepted.VGF is on the verge of being accepted.
Re: v4.2 Translations
« Reply #120 on: August 07, 2012, 05:46:48 pm »

I've played a bit more v4.2, and I've fixed some strings on the Spanish translation, plus there's some stuff I'd like to point out that should be corrected:

Again this screen, I know, but this time, we forgot to translate "Server value" and "Value".

I've commented out the chance to translate the "Location" string, but that's secondary compared to the fact that the Loading window blocks part of the help text. Possible solution: move it to the top right corner of the screen.

Double comment in here:
 - The OHMSS: AFTER ACTION REPORT text can be placed out of the graphic and into a text string?
 - Most of the comments in the lower part (And the ones at the middle left part ingame) are untranslated, like "got X points..." and such. I don't know if this is because it's a custom server or if this is GE:S official text.

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #121 on: August 07, 2012, 06:56:07 pm »

One more thing i ran into today when checking the translation ingame:

The achivement descriptions intersect with the progress bar if the description is on two lines.
Should be more or less an issue in all languages unless you use much less words to describe it in your language.

Not ecaktly a big issue but it would be good if users could actually read the whole text on how to get the achivement.

Also added a minor update for the german translation, too.

VGF

• Secret Agent
  • VGF is on the verge of being accepted.VGF is on the verge of being accepted.VGF is on the verge of being accepted.VGF is on the verge of being accepted.VGF is on the verge of being accepted.
« Reply #122 on: August 07, 2012, 08:11:58 pm »

One more thing i ran into today when checking the translation ingame:

The achivement descriptions intersect with the progress bar if the description is on two lines.
Should be more or less an issue in all languages unless you use much less words to describe it in your language.

Not ecaktly a big issue but it would be good if users could actually read the whole text on how to get the achivement.

Also added a minor update for the german translation, too.

Well, in my defense, I have to say that 4.1 had the Achivement description texts smaller, more like the official window in Valve's games, but this version enlarged it and it's quite difficult for me to shorten the lines from two to one.

If you could restore the old font on that window, you'll made my job easier.

VGF

• Secret Agent
« Reply #123 on: August 10, 2012, 09:05:56 am »

Congratulations on releasing v4.2.1, but the Create Server screen is still in English.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #124 on: August 10, 2012, 10:36:59 am »

Didn't you translate it? Hmmmmmm

I also forgot to deal with the achievement text size.....

Matteobin

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Matteobin has no influence.
« Reply #125 on: August 22, 2012, 04:59:16 pm »

There are a lot of problems with the Italian translation...

Most of them are related to the sentences lenght and to the font dimensions.

Is it possible to do something about it?

VGF

• Secret Agent
« Reply #126 on: August 23, 2012, 09:47:51 pm »

There are a lot of problems with the Italian translation...

Most of them are related to the sentences lenght and to the font dimensions.

Is it possible to do something about it?
What's the lenght issues? Sometimes, we translators have no choice than shorten the lines. The only exception would be the Achievement descriptions, as the size is wrong.

Matteobin

• Secret Agent
« Reply #127 on: August 24, 2012, 06:44:08 am »

What's the lenght issues? Sometimes, we translators have no choice than shorten the lines. The only exception would be the Achievement descriptions, as the size is wrong.

The problem is that Italian is not synthetic as English and sometimes is very difficult to shorten the lines.

Is possible to programm the game to reduce the font dimension if the line isn't displayed correctly?

Anyway I've started shortening lines... but I have a request: Is there a way to test my translation in game?
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 07:10:06 am by Matteobin007 »

VGF

• Secret Agent
« Reply #128 on: August 24, 2012, 09:24:19 am »

The problem is that Italian is not synthetic as English and sometimes is very difficult to shorten the lines.
I can say the same in Spanish, we have to do some tricks to avoid the genre and number mismatch (Check the Spanish version and you should see some colons around).

Is possible to programm the game to reduce the font dimension if the line isn't displayed correctly?
I think the team has answered those questions a few posts above.

Anyway I've started shortening lines... but I have a request: Is there a way to test my translation in game?

You can test the changes by copypasting the gesource_italian contents (Minus the
Code: [Select]
[[Category:Translations]]
<!-- This file is parsed via a script to make sure it is included in each release. Please dont change the format of this page and dont add quotes in comments. Lodle -->
< pre >
and
Code: [Select]
< /pre >
). That should do the trick.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 09:28:26 am by VGF »

Matteobin

• Secret Agent
« Reply #129 on: August 24, 2012, 01:35:31 pm »

Ok, I've fixed everything except for the achievements.

I've attached a picture where it shows the achievements problem... I have to wait to fix that, right?

I've also attached another picture. In this one, you can see a Gun Game translation problem: would it be possible to translate Level as well?

P.S.
I've attached the translation file too, so you can have the correct Italian localisation without waiting for the next patch to come out.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 07:58:35 pm by Matteobin007 »

VGF

• Secret Agent
« Reply #130 on: September 17, 2012, 09:08:38 am »

I just came from the Black Mesa: Source forums, where they found a possible temporary fix for the Polish characters not showing properly: http://forums.blackmesasource.com/showthread.php?p=497364
Open file \steamapps\sourcemods\BMS\resource\ClientScheme.res
Find section "CenterPrintText" (subsection of Fonts). Then working in this section only.
There are several options, the most appropriate -
delete the line
"custom" "1"

(there are other ways to do the same, for example delete the line "antialias" "1", but this look worse because antialiasing off)

Hereupon the Russian characters will render by some system Unicode font, it's probably Tahoma, while the English characters remain the way they were.
So if you need a combination of Russian and English characters in same font - have to sacrifice even English font and replace "DIN 1451 Mittelschrift" to "Tahoma".

Viva Tahoma...

P.S. Thanks to IlDucci for hint.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #131 on: May 03, 2013, 11:14:00 pm »

New translation files are ready for the experts!

http://wiki.geshl2.com/translations/gesource_english?do=diff&rev2%5B0%5D=1367621191&rev2%5B1%5D=&difftype=sidebyside

Please note, because this is a new wiki you will have to re-register.

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #132 on: May 04, 2013, 12:13:42 am »

I'll be working on the french translation by tomorrow.

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #133 on: May 04, 2013, 02:04:26 am »

I'll look into the german translation this "weekend" (which means monday & tuesday for me).

Troy

• GE:S Coder
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 260
  • Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #134 on: May 04, 2013, 06:25:47 am »

Uh..., why was "SERVER_ROUNDTIME"​ "​Round Time (sec):" changed to "SERVER_ROUNDCOUNT"​ "​Number of Rounds:"?  If I want 3 rounds in an 18 minute span, does the game automatically do the division now?
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 06:29:07 am by Troy »
Complete - Arsenal, One Bullet is Enough, Tournament DM v2, TurboDM
Defunct - Agent Under Fire
VC - Being such a dick, KM must be stroked before springing into action.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up