GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 09:05:25 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: [Gameplay] Agent Under Fire (Final)  (Read 28866 times)

terps4life90

Re: [Gameplay] Agent Under Fire (Final)
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2012, 06:52:29 pm »

I don't remember the last time i played it either. From the day it was released to now i have play your mode about 2 times. So if you want some closure I suggest talking to the server owners.

Troy

• GE:S Coder
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 260
  • Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2012, 09:14:51 pm »

There's always the hope that it will be more popular when the 4.2 game mode pack (Uplink, Launch Code, and Auf) is released.
Complete - Arsenal, One Bullet is Enough, Tournament DM v2, TurboDM
Defunct - Agent Under Fire
VC - Being such a dick, KM must be stroked before springing into action.

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2012, 08:30:38 am »

We'll see... I have spoken to the other guys about including the mode. I haven't tried it myself but it seems like a welcomed break and the idea is solid, as I think I mentioned on one of my previous posts on one of the previous threads you made for AuF. I don't think it would hurt if it shows up once in a while.

WNxRicky

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • WNxRicky barely matters.WNxRicky barely matters.
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2012, 05:18:35 pm »

I wasn't aware this mode existed. Anyways, I think it would be suitable for our servers.

Troy

• 00 Agent
  • Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2012, 12:54:49 am »

I was constantly updating a while ago.  I even made an event so people would get more familiar with it.  I was looking at it again, and I found some more things I want to change. :P
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 06:01:41 am by Troy »

PPK

• PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2012, 08:17:37 am »

We usually wait for a final version to come along, plus the server changes we're operating didn't leave space for new modes to be added right away.

Troy

• 00 Agent
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2012, 09:38:00 am »

I had to fix a problem Euphonic pointed out of the key player going spectator, the mode selecting a new key player, and the previous key player rejoining the game.  The key player will now be eliminated to prevent him or her from rejoining the round.  I also fixed the problem of a key player disconnecting or changing teams when the round was over, and having it select a new key player.  The key player should not be selected if the round is over or in between rounds.

The download link has been updated.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 07:57:01 am by Troy »

Troy

• 00 Agent
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2012, 06:49:41 am »

In preparation for 4.2, this mode has been overhauled.

PPK

• Warrior Nation
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2012, 10:18:35 am »

I have finally managed to play AUF yesterday and it was quite nice, to be honest. You have to work as a team or else you're screwed (so you have to hope your team knows what a team is...)

I have a question, though: what's the weapon progression? I noticed you jumped from a DD44 or a PP7 to a D5K and soon you'd have an AR33 in your hands. Isn't that a bit drastic? The matches end quickly and if the key player manages to score a couple of kills, his team will be armed with some serious firepower pretty quickly (especially considering the fact he other team may be a level or more below - an AR33 is serious firepower against almost any other weapon).

Does this progression also depend on the number of players? As in, the more people that are playing, the smoother is the progression, and vice-versa?

I just felt it needed a smoother weapon progression for it to be more enjoyable. The matches ended pretty quickly, anyway, and we weren't many in the server (teams of four at the time) and the map in question had tight corridors where all the shooting took place so it was easy to funnel everyone into a trap and make an easy killing. I felt the mode needed longer matches, but maybe that's just me and I love playing in teams so I always want team matches to last longer (and the rounds as well).

This smoother weapon progression could also help when the key player is left alone: he only has a shotgun to fend off the enemy team and they may be armed well (or too well) and that is practically game over for him. Sure, you can engage the turbo and bail out but 3 or 4 guys shooting at you will end your run pretty quickly, especially if the map's hard to navigate at a high-speed (a map with many corridors, handrails, stairs, etc.)

Troy

• 00 Agent
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2012, 09:35:01 pm »

I have finally managed to play AUF yesterday and it was quite nice, to be honest.
Thank you.

I have a question, though: what's the weapon progression?
MI6 - PP7, ZMG, KF7, AR33, Laser
Janus - DD44, D5K, KF7, RC-P90, Laser
KM made both of them.

I noticed you jumped from a DD44 or a PP7 to a D5K and soon you'd have an AR33 in your hands. Isn't that a bit drastic?
The key player needs to get three kills for that to happen.  He's putting quite a lot on the line to do this.

Does this progression also depend on the number of players?
No

I felt the mode needed longer matches, but maybe that's just me and I love playing in teams so I always want team matches to last longer (and the rounds as well).
If everyone understand how to play the game mode, the matches are very long and quite fun.  Just ask Cy.

This smoother weapon progression could also help when the key player is left alone: he only has a shotgun to fend off the enemy team and they may be armed well (or too well) and that is practically game over for him.
He should never be left alone.  The shotgun is just enough fire power for the key player to be effective but not a rambo.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2012, 12:46:34 am »

The weapon progression that I proposed to Troy makes sure there is commensurate reward for teams that utilize their key players whilst protecting them as well. This rewards team work and a well functioning team will surely end the round quickly, thus earning points. I see nothing wrong with that.

PPK

• Warrior Nation
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2012, 11:14:08 am »

It was quite a confusion when I played, then. The key player usually ended up killing the other team's key player so I never had the chance of seeing the full weapon progression (and when I saw the AR33 it was because my whole team had been killed...)
That progression seems fine, now that I see it. If your whole team is murdered by the other team's key player, you'll be in a hairy situation but that's your fault. I will have to play longer matches with more people to comment any further, or just accept what you two just said, since everything seems reasonable. I guess it all boils down to the quality and organization of your team.

Troy

• 00 Agent
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2012, 04:01:44 pm »

If you look at the first post, you can always just type !weapons and it will print the loadout.

Troy

• 00 Agent
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2012, 07:58:59 pm »

I came across a bug yesterday after playing with a large group a people.  The mode was switched to AuF half way through the match.  A player had selected Ourumov in the previous mode.  AuF continued to let him be Ourumov which caused a costume problem.  A costume prevention has been implemented for both team's bodyguards to prevent this problem from occurring.

- I have updated the download link's version.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 06:23:59 am by Troy »

Excidium

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • Excidium barely matters.Excidium barely matters.
« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2012, 04:27:54 am »

nice job on finishing    I shall upload it to 1138 servers now.....was waiting for the final
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up