GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 19, 2024, 08:08:54 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ge_cave picture giltchs.  (Read 4786 times)

Daisy-Fan

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Daisy-Fan has no influence.
Ge_cave picture giltchs.
« on: February 13, 2009, 04:46:45 pm »

hi, I just want to know if a person had this Giltchs on this level.

It is a giltch?

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
Re: Ge_cave picture giltchs.
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2009, 04:54:01 pm »

nope

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2009, 05:15:17 pm »

Why would it be a glitch? The walls are supposed to be like that.

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2009, 05:47:27 pm »

Lol wtf?

keefy

• EWJ
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • keefy is looked down upon.
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2009, 05:52:38 pm »

I am no mapper but I would assume the sprays look like that (cut off)  becasue the brushes overlap, if they did not then there would be gaps which is worse.

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2009, 06:18:21 pm »

I am no mapper but I would assume the sprays look like that (cut off)  becasue the brushes overlap, if they did not then there would be gaps which is worse.

Your really close.

The bumpy rocks, there called Displacement Mapping. Basically you can screw with a flat surface and make it bumpy, this causes the brush overlap. That causes the spray to bounce around like that.

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

Sp1nn3y

• Local Graphic Artist
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Sp1nn3y has no influence.
    • Sp1nn3ys Portfolio Website
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2009, 06:33:29 pm »

it does this on alot of the maps actually?

Loafie, Hero of Dreams

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Loafie, Hero of Dreams has no influence.
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2009, 06:09:02 am »

it has something to do with how textures work on displacements, their uv coordinates, and how the pre-displacement brush was world oriented in hammer before being mushed around, nothing i can do
maps in production: ge_temple maps released: ge_caves, ge_complex, ge_complex_classic
Loafie, Hero of Dreams is watching Big Love
fourtecks: you are watching basstronix?
Pages: [1]   Go Up