GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 12:55:55 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: VC's Laboratory 90116  (Read 8549 times)

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
VC's Laboratory 90116
« on: January 17, 2009, 02:00:33 am »

I have posted some short write-ups on the weapons at http://dev.goldeneyesource.com/wiki/index.php/Weapons_list
Not a lot of verbiage because I have no interest in real-world weapons or long-obsolete Alpha 1.1 quirks. Anyway, give it a peek if you're interested in seeing where the guns are at now.  The Taco Guy intends to get the wiki beaten into shape, so I'll leave it to him to get the weapon stats in a pretty template and acquire some better screenshots for the entries that have old not-even-skinned-yet images or no-image-at-all.

Screwing with throwing knives. Much to my dismay, they are going to be affected by gravity henceforth, so no more of me doing my throwing-knife-kills-golden-gun-guy-from-90-feet stuff.  They're getting a code tweak tonight and hopefully we can get them betatested very soon.

Silenced D5K is now scripted in and it damn well better hang through to Beta 3 or I'll be pissed.  It's another never-before-in-multiplayer weapon like Shotgun and Phantom, and with it, we can provide a sixth new weapon loadout, Silenced Weapons.  The other five I have created are:

- Shotguns, because noobs scatter like whitetails.
- Silver PP7s, an arena that's good for people who aim for the head.
- KLOBBS!, an arena for sadistic fools
- Explosives, which is a bit early since we need Rockets and Grenade Launcher, but this will do for now.
- Rifles, is not Sniper Rifles.

KM actually bitched my ass out on mic because he didn't understand what I meant by "set it for Rifles. Not Sniper Rifles, just Rifles" and then he set Sniper Rifles.  I'd title it Assault Rifles, but Sniper is a rifle too, so it's part of that loadout as well.

Also Bishop-related, I've increased the sniper's zoom power. It's still not up to the GE007 limit, but I've been stepping towards it, hoping to find the right balance.  Cradle and Runway suggest I buff it some more so I did.  Thems be long-assed maps.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

Storm101

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Storm101 has no influence.
Re: VC's Laboratory 90116
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2009, 02:47:55 am »

So will the silenced ZMG be gone from Beta 3?

JcFerggy

• Reputation Power: 87
  • JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2009, 02:56:15 am »

I have a Username, you know. Either way this information will come in handy.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2009, 06:11:52 am »

If it's any consolation.. I bitched you out because I was getting beat so badly AND I had no fucking clue what you were talking about! Plus, sometimes you need to get slapped in the face by a verbal onslaught every once in a while, its good for the skin

Whats a silenced ZMG?

Jonathan [Spider]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Jonathan [Spider] has no influence.
    • Jonathan Scott Art
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2009, 06:24:23 am »

sometimes you need to get slapped in the face by a verbal onslaught every once in a while, its good for the skin

it wakes him up out of his hysterical rantings. i was amazed first time i heard VC on mic he was so normal haha.
Fonfa
"making out with ugly girls builds character"
"getting the ugly girls then the pretty ones makes you feel like leveling up in an rpg game"

SLX- i'm having a problem
Spider2544 - if you need me to bury a hooker, i can be there in 20 mins with my shovel
SLX - bring condoms

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2009, 05:48:13 pm »

So will the silenced ZMG be gone from Beta 3?

Whats a silenced ZMG?

Yeah, I noticed that missing from the article as well. ::)

Very nice list in the article otherwise.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2009, 06:53:38 pm by Rodney 1.666 »
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC
Pages: [1]   Go Up