GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 09:29:01 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Some weapon skins based off my favorite GoldenEye character.  (Read 6184 times)

detectDefective

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • detectDefective barely matters.detectDefective barely matters.
Some weapon skins based off my favorite GoldenEye character.
« on: August 18, 2016, 11:50:28 pm »

After playing a few rounds with a developer and getting my hands on a fruity KF7 and shiny Klobb, I decided to look through the weapon skins and see what else there was. Then I decided to take a shot at it myself.

I made some basic skins based off the Siberian Special Forces character, for the three weapons they used in the Surface missions; The Klobb, the KF7 Soviet, and the Sniper Rifle. Nothing crazy or super detailed, just ice white metals to match the jumpsuit and hood, and blue furniture to match the mask and lenses.

Credit goes towards the creators of the original weapon skins, since I've done nothing more than section them off and layer them with colors.

If you would like to use them, here are the VTFs for each one. If you don't know how to use them, instructions are below the downloads.

The Klobb.
The KF7 Soviet.
The Sniper Rifle.

(Custom folders aren't working, or I may be doing them wrong. I'm used to making a "custom/customstuff" set of folders which worked for CS:S and other Source games, but that doesn't seem to work for GE:S, so I tried making this as easy as possible.)

After downloading them, place them in their weapons folders, under Steam/steamapps/sourcemods/gesource/materials/models/weapons/v_models.

Before opening the respective VMTs of each weapon, I would suggest making backup copies of each one, in case you erase/add and save something by mistake without knowing what you did or how you did it.

After backing up the VMTs, open them in Notepad (regular or ++), and change the following lines in each one.

Code: [Select]
For (v_klobb.vmt), (v_klobb_2.vmt), and (v_klobb_3.vmt)
"$basetexture" "models\weapons\v_models\v_klobb\v_klobb_ssf"

For (v_kf7.vmt)
"$basetexture" "models\weapons\v_models\v_kf7\v_kf7_ssf"

For (v_sniper_rifle.vmt)
"$basetexture" "models\weapons\v_models\v_sniperrifle\v_sniper_rifle_ssf"

You only have to add "_ssf" to the end of each basetexture filepath, but I'd figure I'd list it out, just in case. Hope you enjoy these simple skins.

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
Re: Some weapon skins based off my favorite GoldenEye character.
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2016, 03:14:34 am »

These are neat!
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2016, 03:39:09 am »

Pretty decent! It's nice to see some new community content popping up already :)

and.punker

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • and.punker barely matters.and.punker barely matters.
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2016, 09:00:39 pm »

This reminds me of the frozen P99 and PPK in the Die Another Day trailer...
Pages: [1]   Go Up