GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 04:59:56 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Connecting with friends  (Read 3793 times)

markpeterjameslegg

• Did I fire six shots? Or only five?
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 202
  • markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!
Connecting with friends
« on: July 23, 2010, 07:25:13 pm »

Im sorry if this question seems stupid, im new to GES. How do i play a two player game with my brother online, there must be some simple way for us to connect with each other's computers but neither of us can figure it out. Ive tried creating server and starting a game, but im not showing up on his computer under any of the tabs. Also we tried the invite method but it just says that it cant connect to server.
 :'(

mookie

• Idiot
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • mookie is looked down upon.
Re: Connecting with friends
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2010, 07:56:59 pm »

Probably your problem is with your NAT (or firewall). You will need to make sure that port 27015 passes through.

Make sure also that sv_lan is set to 0.
5 2 3 7 1 4 6 0

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2010, 11:07:28 am »

Also execute the changelevel command once.
So:

- check if the router is forwarding the port 27015 for TCP and UDP
- check if your firewall has a "stealth mode" or something equal which will make it invisible to other computers. if so disable this feature or reduce the security level for the internet zone, or whatever makes your PC visible in the internet
- next, fire up the game, create a server, enter in console:
sv_lan 0
heartbeat
changelevel ge_<mapname>

after the map is loaded, your server should show up on the internet.

if you wanna have certain things like password protection, flashlight enabled, etc. you can also enter the commands into the listenserver.cfg. That way you don't have to enter them manually everytime you start a server.

markpeterjameslegg

• Did I fire six shots? Or only five?
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 202
  • markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2010, 07:01:05 pm »

Thanks a lot guys for your help, i'll give it a go.
Pages: [1]   Go Up