GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 10:24:44 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help with console commands, video settings, sluggishness  (Read 6365 times)

TheMayo

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • TheMayo has no influence.
Help with console commands, video settings, sluggishness
« on: August 13, 2016, 09:45:44 pm »

Hey guys,

I'm new to Goldeneye Source, and had a few questions to try and improve my gaming experience. Currently the game is running very sluggish, frame rates are pretty bad, and registry is terrible.

I know 5.0 is brand new, but I was hoping someone might be able to help me change some console commands or video settings to get the game running a little better.

My setup:

Intel core i7 950
12 GB DDR3 MHz-1600 RAM 9-9-9-24
Windows 10 x64
EvGa Nvidia Geforce 460 SE OC to 800/1700/1500

I used to be very in touch with rates, and commands because I was a heavy CSS player, but it has been years since I've played any steam games, so I've lost touch with the commands.

My video settings are currently set to default *. Almost everything is on High detail, except for AA which is off. Originally the resolution was at 1080, but I've turned it down to 720.

While running net_graph I've noticed my LERP was stuck at 30.3 ms, and I changed a few commands (rate, cmdrate, maxupdaterate) and now the FPS has increased slightly, but LERP is stuck at 20.0 ms now, but the game is still sluggish.

Any help would be appreciated, and I will run any tests or post any screenshots/logs you guys need.

Thanks for the help!
Pages: [1]   Go Up