GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 02:45:42 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 4.2.3 RC1:My GE:S client is failing to connect to my Eclipse Python debug server  (Read 4019 times)

Joe

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 54
  • Joe has an aura about them.Joe has an aura about them.Joe has an aura about them.Joe has an aura about them.Joe has an aura about them.Joe has an aura about them.Joe has an aura about them.Joe has an aura about them.Joe has an aura about them.Joe has an aura about them.

Hi,

When I enter the "ge_py_connectdebugger" command the console doesn't respond with a message and my GE:S client doesn't appear in Eclipse's list of debug server clients. I've enabled developer messages.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 04:00:25 pm by Joe »
Free games:FPS + RTS: Renegade X & Battlezone 1.5,RTS: 7 Kingdoms & Open Red Alert, TBS:Hedgewars, playcatan.com & www.wesnoth.org

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps

Did you start the debugger in eclipse first?

Debugging is done through a remote terminal connection and eclipse needs to have the server running in order for ges to make that connection.

Joe

• Secret Agent
  • Joe has an aura about them.Joe has an aura about them.Joe has an aura about them.Joe has an aura about them.Joe has an aura about them.Joe has an aura about them.Joe has an aura about them.Joe has an aura about them.Joe has an aura about them.Joe has an aura about them.

Did you start the debugger in eclipse first?

Yes
Free games:FPS + RTS: Renegade X & Battlezone 1.5,RTS: 7 Kingdoms & Open Red Alert, TBS:Hedgewars, playcatan.com & www.wesnoth.org

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps

I was able to fix this issue. For whatever reason the debugger was not properly sending commands over.

I will send you RC3 later today.

Joe

• Secret Agent

I was able to fix this issue. For whatever reason the debugger was not properly sending commands over.

I will send you RC3 later today.

Thanks KillerMonkey, I will use RC3's debugger today to fix some bugs which have been preventing me from finishing my implementation of DAD mode's long range resurrection ability.

Joe

• Secret Agent

I'm still not able to connect to the Eclipse Python debug server in RC3.

No error messages are displayed in the console and my GE:S client doesn't appear in the debug server's client list.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 07:45:07 pm by Joe »

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
    • DroidMonkey Apps

Your setup must not be correct. Also, your windows firewall might be blocking the connection.

I suggest reinstalling the pydev plugin. I am able to make a debug connection every time on both of my computers.

Also, try setting your breakpoints prior to trying to establish the connection.

If all else fails, open ge_pydev in the lib/pydev folder. Change the debug level from -1 to 3. Start the game then paste the output of the console after you try to establish a connection.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 08:13:06 pm by killermonkey »

Joe

• Secret Agent

Thanks for helping me KillerMonkey, my debugger works now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up