GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 29, 2024, 01:05:32 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Goldeneye Source competitive or not  (Read 19116 times)

Kinky

• Level Designer / Environment Artist
  • Retired Developer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Kinky has no influence.
Re: Goldeneye Source competitive or not
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2009, 05:13:29 pm »

I would imagine we could get a clan together quite easily... but it would probably comprise of me and spinney ragequitting left right and centre and mine jumping off the cradle..... but hey thats fun right? :P

Currently in Progress - ge_jungle

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2009, 07:08:54 pm »

I tired to contribute to competiton by starting my own GE:S clan called "Xenium Crossfire" (X|C - You've probably seen me or my buddy In game)

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/hermajestyssecretservice

Couldn't help myself, JcFerggy and I made one too a bit back.

We made it mostly "for fun," but obviously if we get enough members we could become a competitive group.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2009, 07:15:14 pm by The SSL »
Luchador: I NEVER NAME MY FILES IN UPPER CASE
Luchador: I ONLY TALK IN UPPER CASE
[GE:S] killermonkey: GOOD TO KNOW

keefy

• EWJ
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • keefy is looked down upon.
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2009, 07:32:09 pm »

Thanks for clearing that up I always get thsoe games mixed up.
lol, this is GES, not HL2 or CSS...

Every league I ever been in requires demos and screenshots sometimes even steam id and if the programers created a "match mode" all that stuff would be taken care of making the players not forget those things.
But its only worth while if the players wanty to compete and at the moment it doesnt seem worth it.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2009, 07:36:46 pm by keefy »

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2009, 08:08:29 pm »

What happened to the Cheddar Bunnys SSL?

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2009, 08:14:14 pm »

It died because everyone stopped playing with the exception of myself (but apalrd still runs 5 or so GES Servers). Eh. Hopefully HMSS will be more successful.
Luchador: I NEVER NAME MY FILES IN UPPER CASE
Luchador: I ONLY TALK IN UPPER CASE
[GE:S] killermonkey: GOOD TO KNOW

Daisy-Fan

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Daisy-Fan has no influence.
« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2009, 11:37:09 pm »

What happened to the Cheddar Bunnys SSL?

Damn Yea! Cheddar members play GES again?

drukqaddik

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • drukqaddik has no influence.
« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2009, 09:06:51 am »

OWS Biatches. will OWN you. someone start a schedule post

Daisy-Fan

• Secret Agent
« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2009, 02:36:27 pm »

OWS Biatches. will OWN you. someone start a schedule post
lol xD

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2009, 05:02:41 am »

OWS Biatches. will OWN you.

*high-fives*
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

The Beatles pwn j00!

« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2009, 07:49:19 pm »

I would probably be interested in playing "competitively". It's just at the moment there isn't enough (good) clans. That's why I didn't join WNx. It would be better of me to lend my bad-assery to another clan, or form my own :).

WNx already has a bunch of people, and a handful of them are some of the best players so far. So, unless I was good friends with some of their members (which isn't the case right now) there is no point in me adding myself to an already bloated clan. You guys should split up and form two or more different clans so there's some decent clan-based competition, hehe. 

Still, there just isn't enough serious players right now to bother with organizing anything big. And plus the game itself still needs to be completed, hehe.

We could have some quick free-for-all DM tournaments. Like one-sitting things, where we all play so many rounds/matches, and the lowest person of each round/match is eliminated until there is one left. Or something simple like that. 'Twould be fun.

Iono.

Anyway, I just wanted to say that I would like to participate if you guys ever put together a little tourney or something. Just announce it well ahead of time, so I can practice. I haven't been playing GES too much lately. Been busy with UT3 and a couple other games.

Jonathan [Spider]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Jonathan [Spider] has no influence.
    • Jonathan Scott Art
« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2009, 10:35:00 pm »

as long as VC can kill me with a klobb while I have a GG ill continue to think this game is completely about skill.
Fonfa
"making out with ugly girls builds character"
"getting the ugly girls then the pretty ones makes you feel like leveling up in an rpg game"

SLX- i'm having a problem
Spider2544 - if you need me to bury a hooker, i can be there in 20 mins with my shovel
SLX - bring condoms

Daisy-Fan

• Secret Agent
« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2009, 11:28:00 pm »

Agree whit you Spider!

drukqaddik

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • drukqaddik has no influence.
« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2009, 01:13:09 am »

as long as VC can kill me with a klobb while I have a GG ill continue to think this game is completely about skill.

VC too cool for school man.

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2009, 03:02:54 am »

As PR for the mod and for a long time I have done by action in the past (setting up tournies, running them) and had a mind to start trying to formulate what competitive GE:S should be like now in beta 3.

So far leagues havent seemed to clock onto our diversity or seen a mode/style of server that feels competitive that could be tailored for serious gaming. They obviously dont see the evidence yet that the playerbase will be strong enough to capacitate enough clans to support that, and also certain things like the fact not all the weapons are done can also be a factor.

For now probably the best thing could be the idea of "one sitting" tournaments started inside the community for fun above all else. I just know I am always formulating what GE:S should be aiming to outwardly promote as far as competition.

Sp1nn3y

• Local Graphic Artist
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Sp1nn3y has no influence.
    • Sp1nn3ys Portfolio Website
« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2009, 03:33:32 am »

So far leagues havent seemed to clock onto our diversity or seen a mode/style of server that feels competitive that could be tailored for serious gaming. They obviously dont see the evidence yet that the playerbase will be strong enough to capacitate enough clans to support that, and also certain things like the fact not all the weapons are done can also be a factor.

For now probably the best thing could be the idea of "one sitting" tournaments started inside the community for fun above all else. I just know I am always formulating what GE:S should be aiming to outwardly promote as far as competition.

they have L4D league matches... So when we're out of beta 3 and our base has picked up once again better believe we'll have them looking into the game. and i agree i think we need all weapons to be sought into a league setup.

I'm all for "one sit" tourneys.. damn.. now i need a clan...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up