GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 16, 2024, 01:31:23 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [BUG] Wrong amount of bots, unlimited ammo  (Read 2784 times)

Game_Master001

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Game_Master001 has no influence.
[BUG] Wrong amount of bots, unlimited ammo
« on: January 03, 2013, 08:35:25 pm »

I have 2 bugs in 1 here, as they're related to each other (sort of: they both deal with the number of bots, but they're completely different otherwise):

- First of all, say you'd want to start a game with yourself and 31 bots, for a full 32-player game. You set the max amount of players to 32 and the max amount of bots to 31. Problem: only 31 players (you and 30 bots). Setting either bots to 32 OR players to 33 doesn't solve this. Instead, you need to set bots to 32 AND players to 33. This is also the case with lower amounts (like: needing to set bots to 5 and players to 6 to start a 1 player + 4 bots game). In other words: the player amount AND bot amount both have to be set at least 1 higher than you're looking for.

- Secondly, the game doesn't seem to handle a many-players server properly. I haven't tested what the limit was (29 was the last I tested, which still had this problem), but when there's a certain amount of players (so far I only know of bots, for obvious reasons) in a server, all ammo found in the map is "infinite" (doesn't disappear when you walk over it. In fact, when you walk over an ammo box, you get its respective ammo multiple times already). This is of course especially silly with Living Daylights.

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
Re: [BUG] Wrong amount of bots, unlimited ammo
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2013, 10:08:11 pm »

The ammo isn't a bug so much, it's a server setting. I believe its been tweaked a bit for next patch, so will be better with stock server settings soon.

Code: [Select]
ge_dynamicweaponrespawn [0/1] (1)
Turns dynamic respawning of ammo and weapons on/off. On by default.

ge_dynamicweaponrespawn_scale [scale] (1.0)
Scales the default dynamic respawning algorithm by a factor.

ge_dynamicarmorrespawn [0/1] (1) [ NEW BETA 4.0 ]
Turns on dynamic respawning of armor. On by default.

ge_dynamicarmorrespawn_scale [scale] (1.0) [ NEW BETA 4.0 ]
Scales the default dynamic respawning algorithm by a factor.

ge_itemrespawntime [seconds] (10)
If dynamic respawning is disabled, this defines the fixed time interval between ammo respawns.

ge_weaponrespawntime [seconds] (10)
If dynamic respawning is disabled, this defines the fixed time interval between weapon respawns.

ge_armorrespawntime [seconds] (10) [ NEW BETA 4.0 ]
If dynamic respawning is disabled, this defines the fixed time interval between armor respawns.
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
Re: [BUG] Wrong amount of bots, unlimited ammo
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2013, 10:08:50 pm »

The ammo bug has been fixed and will be available in the next patch.

The other one is not a bug, it's by design. The bot threshold is meant to "fill a server" but if you fill it with bots to the limit than no human can join the server! So this is the compromise.

I will add a command in the patch to disable this feature.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 12:05:08 am by killermonkey »
Pages: [1]   Go Up