GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 19, 2024, 03:02:52 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: retail sucks  (Read 8601 times)

Kratos

• Reputation Power: 125
  • Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!
retail sucks
« on: September 06, 2011, 12:39:21 am »

got my job, and i have to say retail blows!

You cant fix stupidity. There's no medication or even therapy cant fix customers stupidity.

Do you work for a retail co? Hows life over there?

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
Re: retail sucks
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2011, 12:59:32 am »

I worked for JC Penny while I was a senior in high school. Fun job for the time, but i agree there is stupid and then there is consumer stupid.

jjmusicnotes

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2011, 02:25:08 am »

I work retail in the summer time.

The delivery guys keep the day fresh.  As for dumb customers - I like to have fun with them.  The most fun part is when they don't realize I'm having fun with them.

markpeterjameslegg

• Did I fire six shots? Or only five?
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 202
  • markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2011, 02:28:42 am »

For me it was Lidl's, aaaaaaaahhhhhhhh. Clearing up after them was infuriating, why the F**K do they insist on taking from the back, even when it's tins dated 2013, they even did it with the frozen pizza's for Christ sake.

Ruone Delacroix

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Ruone Delacroix has no influence.
    • Nexus of Gaming
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2011, 03:37:01 pm »

As a Famous Footwear employee, I laughed so hard when I saw this thread title. We just got out of our busiest weekend of the year due to the back to school season. The job itself isn't bad, but when you work seven out of eight days repeating yourself every three minutes for hours on end can really get to you. The people can really be ignorant and blame us for that ignorance. But in contrast, some of the people that you can meet are pretty cool if they're regulars.

I think that the best thing about my job are the people that I work with. We're a pretty close-knit group and we all get along very well, so that adds to our overall attitude and mood.

I remember when I was a teenager how cool it would be to work in a mall. Now that I have been for a year, I have no interest in going to one at all anymore.
Admin of {TLP} Tastes Like Pants

Proud player of Goldeneye: Source. Keep up the great work, team!

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2011, 05:14:24 pm »

Roune, what Fam Foot, did you work at?

My bro used to work at the one located in Boca Raton FL

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

Ruone Delacroix

• 00 Agent
    • Nexus of Gaming
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2011, 05:18:32 pm »

I work at the one in Portage, Michigan. One of like three stores still in southwest Michigan.

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2011, 05:55:42 pm »

There are entire books specific to retail hell.
There's also this site that will make you feel a lot better about your own job.

I filled printer cartridges from '07 to '10 on Thursday evenings and Saturdays and added The Source to the list in '09; left both last year so I could school it up. Had my share of "the customer" like everyone else, but nothing really noteworthy off the top of my head; just a number of pains in the ass.

Should get some stories accumulating here.
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

jjmusicnotes

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2011, 09:13:54 pm »

(I am currently living in Maine, and in the summertime I work in a grocery store, and I'm currently sweeping the floor when a guy comes up to me.)

Customer:  Hey!  Can you keep a secret?

Me: What's on your mind?

Customer: Yeah, you look like the type of guy who won't make me look like an idiot.

Me: Well, how can I help you?

Customer: I got a reeaallllyyy stupid question for yah...  (at this point he leans in to about 1 inch from my face)  What's a lobster roll?  I mean, I'm from New York and I've had lobster and all, but I don't know what a lobster roll is.

Me: Well, it's a roll...with lobster in it.  (gives me a look like "really?"  I laugh,) We can take you right over to the deli and get you one.  (So we head over.)

Me: Toni (a coworker) can we hook this guy up with a lobster roll?

Toni: Sure thing!  (gestures to customer) Does you want lettuce?

(customer looks at me)

Customer: Do I want lettuce?

Me: Do you like lettuce?

Customer: Not particularly.

Me: Then you don't have to have lettuce.

Customer: Oh, ok!  Thanks for you help!

Me: No problem; any time.

Gabbo

• Cate Archer's secret lover
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 24
  • Gabbo might someday be someone...Gabbo might someday be someone...Gabbo might someday be someone...Gabbo might someday be someone...
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2011, 12:08:42 am »

I'm sure working retail is right up there with working IT, which has its share of stupidity floating through your life consistently.

Ruone Delacroix

• 00 Agent
    • Nexus of Gaming
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2011, 12:41:16 am »

I'm sure working retail is right up there with working IT, which has its share of stupidity floating through your life consistently.

Yeah, my friend got a call from a customer saying that her computer was leaking black liquid. After cleaning it all out and a certain attempted event later, they learned that a dog pissed (I'm guessing repeatedly) in the intake fan of the tower. That would have been something that I could have lived without hearing that.

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2011, 01:09:28 am »

^LOL

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

mbsurfer

• Inactive Tester
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2011, 01:30:18 am »

I hate working in restaurants.

If you don't tip 15+% to good service, you can GO FUCK YOURSELF.

Yours truly,
Mbsurfer

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2011, 04:55:31 am »

Option declined.
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

Kratos

• Reputation Power: 125
  • Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2011, 04:43:24 pm »

I hate working in restaurants.

If you don't tip 15+% to good service, you can GO FUCK YOURSELF.

Yours truly,
Mbsurfer

I feel you bro.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up