GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 23, 2024, 06:00:50 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Did you celebrate Earth Hour 2010 today?  (Read 9160 times)

Kratos

• Reputation Power: 125
  • Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!
Did you celebrate Earth Hour 2010 today?
« on: March 27, 2010, 04:51:20 am »

I forgot this so called "earth hour" exists. I was driving at night, so you think I will drive with my lights off for one hour? Fuck no. Ill run over the mayor in my city.

As for the holiday, maybe they should change it completely and do like take off the bandwidth cap on my ISP for 1 hour or maybe more, so I can have more upload speed and shit.

http://wvgazette.com/News/201003260556

Did you celebrate it today?  I didnt. i dont care about global warming. The only thing that pisses me off more than global warming is the weather is warming here in my area, and I want fucking Winter Cold and snow, stupid spring and summer seasons.

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
Re: Did you celebrate Earth Hour 2010 today?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2010, 05:31:05 am »

Unless you drive around with your car plugged into electricity, turning off the lights wouldn't benefit anything..lol

And no, I was at work wasting very large amount of energy.
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

Enzo.Matrix

• Lead Public Relations
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 179
  • Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2010, 05:42:20 am »

huh that was today?

it might have happened when I was tweaking my computer case..  so by accident I may have participated, but I did have all my lights on.

Would have been more entertaining if I was able to get my 5970 today.  I would have been installing it during that time,  if you wonder why thats funny it is because the damn video card eats up like 170W idle and ~300W active :D
GoldenEye: Source Co-Creator
Personal Mission: -Play GE:S with a GE007 N64 Dev (Dr. Doak)
-GE:S reviewed by Yahtzee

Kratos

• Reputation Power: 125
  • Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2010, 05:56:14 am »

huh that was today?

it might have happened when I was tweaking my computer case..  so by accident I may have participated, but I did have all my lights on.

Would have been more entertaining if I was able to get my 5970 today.  I would have been installing it during that time,  if you wonder why thats funny it is because the damn video card eats up like 170W idle and ~300W active :D

ATI 5970 is the worlds fastest video card.

I cant afford that shit. I went for the 9800gt 1gb BFG Tech. it works fine.

Let me know what fps you get in counter strike source on full power or in GES caverns.

Enjoy with that card dude.

Unless you drive around with your car plugged into electricity, turning off the lights wouldn't benefit anything..lol

And no, I was at work wasting very large amount of energy.

lol, at work they all waste power. Heck even walmart wastes power. I mean companies should now switch to using solar panels. Its fucking 2010 and we are still relying on oil for freaking sakes.

Back in 1998, I was like to my friends, I cant wait for an alternative fuel source. Look now we still use the same shit back then, and dont come up with creative solutions. Dumbass Americans...
« Last Edit: March 27, 2010, 05:59:13 am by osaeed2k9 »

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2010, 06:19:57 am »

lol my 5870 uses less power then my old 4870, so happy didn't need a PSU upgrade.
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2010, 07:31:06 am »

Earth hour was created by australians.

But depeneding what time it was? Well i was at work last night and so I was surrounded by freezers and fridges and lights and hundreds of dollars worth of electricity usage and they sure as shit didnt turn off lol. I have a clean conscience tho, since i dont contribute to that decision :D

And using cars contributes to global warming theory. I still maintain GW is an unproven and unscientifically narrow-minded theory, and only time will tell. I think all the efforts would only serve as a preventative in case we are enhancing one of the cyclical natural shifts that occurs on earth.

I watched "inconvenient truth" when it came out. I was almost swayed by it. Then last year i watched this

Is there really anything more needing to be said? Are those people speaking, media representative or politicians? nope. Are they the head or spokesperson of a "group" looking for you to act on something? No, they are in no way asking for you to give any money or any effort to a cause or to adopt a "position" or lifestyle of culture.

Plurality is important. Don't let anyone convince you or guilt pressure you to conform to believing global warming as a fact. Democracy my brothers.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2010, 12:53:34 pm »

I make directed and obvious choices to help protect the environment:

Recycle
Buy organic when it makes sense (dirty dozen)
Ride my bike to school
Turn down my heat (also saves me $$)
Turn off lights when not in use

Turning off your lights for an hour solves absolutely NOTHING. It is a gimmick and ineffective. It does not incite people to change their basic habits. It doesn't prevent them from buying an extended size SUV when they only intend to use the storage space once a year.

Environmentalists piss me off, they completely ignore the science. They whine and moan about global warming and coal power plants, then protest their ass off about nuclear plants. They promote "bio-fuels" even though it is easily calculated that Bio-Fuels are MUCH MUCH worse for the environment then oil is (in terms of production to usage cycle).

BAH!

Kinky

• Level Designer / Environment Artist
  • Retired Developer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Kinky has no influence.
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2010, 01:23:27 pm »

LOL +1 KMRant

In all seriousness Greenpeace piss me off. When will they realise that Nuclear power is very different to Nuclear war. If global warming predictions are accurate (which is highly likely) then unless we all start building enough nuclear stacks to power EVERYTHING as a stopgap until we work the kinks out of fusion or whatever we are going to move to, then we truely are fucked....

Currently in Progress - ge_jungle

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2010, 02:25:56 pm »

I make directed and obvious choices to help protect the environment:

Recycle
Buy organic when it makes sense (dirty dozen)
Ride my bike to school
Turn down my heat (also saves me $$)
Turn off lights when not in use

Turning off your lights for an hour solves absolutely NOTHING. It is a gimmick and ineffective. It does not incite people to change their basic habits. It doesn't prevent them from buying an extended size SUV when they only intend to use the storage space once a year.

Environmentalists piss me off, they completely ignore the science. They whine and moan about global warming and coal power plants, then protest their ass off about nuclear plants. They promote "bio-fuels" even though it is easily calculated that Bio-Fuels are MUCH MUCH worse for the environment then oil is (in terms of production to usage cycle).

BAH!

Amen. I saw this day being announced on the newspaper, Metro (that free one) but what the heck, I was having dinner at the time. I'm not turning my lights out when I'm trying to cut my steak. Saving the environment is something you should do every day, not for one hour each year.

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2010, 04:12:11 pm »

Who else watches Penn & Teller?
I'm for the environment and all, but I concur. (With all of the above and them.)
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2010, 05:50:05 pm »

Sorry I was dumping my engine oil in the lake, what did you say?

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2010, 06:40:32 pm »

Lets stop using energy for one hour and then use twice as much when we turn everything back on!

People should care about the environment but I hate all this novelty crap that makes no difference, there's no solution in pretending to care for one day of the year.

The sad fact is we have the technology and the solutions to fix all of our problems but as ever the greedy and ignorant holds us back.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2010, 07:18:51 pm »

Yeah just that there is a huge difference between using the logic of environmental protection for things like animal and plant species (the beauty and ecology of the world) and saying a lack of environmental change by humans will kill or harm EVERYthing on the planet, or end the human race being able to survive the changes over the next centuries.

Heres some interesting points to support my stance

- Cofounder of greenpeace, QUIT and has been speaking out against the intitiatives of greenpeace ever since they attempted to lobby a ban on chlorine worldwide. Now since they did this has come along the "accepted" theory of global warming into society. Now he speaks out even further against the organisation and believes they are generally corrupt.

- Al gore has been debunked over and over () by scientists and questioned by politically unbias representatives regarding his financial gain through investments in the climate change revolution. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbLK4RZDdzI&feature=related - he is also being sued by scientists http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfHW7KR33IQ&feature=related

Scientists in leading fields state these points over and over in what is now needing to be underground media to get out there.

• The sun and particularly sunspots control the biggest percentage our temperature conditions (makes sense since without it we couldnt exist in this balance)
  • CO2 is DEPENDANT on temperature (so, the sun)
  • There is a slow lag of CO2 increase/decrease based on temperatures around 800 years prior
  • 1940-1970 was a 3 decade period of downward COOLING which runs contrary to the GW theory being based on human made emissions when the boom occured
  • Temperatures between 1000-1400 (medievil warm period) was HIGHER temperatures than now
  • We are in a natural warming period the past 3 decades, following the 3 decade cooling period
    • Seems like the sun is getting temperamental (punlol)
    • The sun controls our temperature
    • I almost forgot to mention, the sun controls our temperature
  • The movie apollo 13 unfortunately provides a suspense sequence which shows CO2 as a more deadly force to human survival than an explosion of a space vehicle in outer space
« Last Edit: March 27, 2010, 07:21:44 pm by Wake[of]theBunT »

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2010, 07:23:08 pm »

• Seems like the sun is getting temperamental (punlol)

Haha wake said a funny!
« Last Edit: March 27, 2010, 07:30:21 pm by Jeron [SharpSh00tah] »

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2010, 10:52:41 pm »

I showed my boss the thread this morning and he Earth Hour should take place at the exact same time everywhere, and rather than turning off the lights, EVERYONE should shut off their breakers, and then watch all the power plants explode with all the excess power.  ;)
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up