GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 24, 2024, 02:54:40 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [BUG] Character Selection Menu + "Dummy" Character + Currently In-Game  (Read 2799 times)

Roth Sothy

Here's a YouTube to see these bugs that I came across.

Just a couple of minor bugs I'd like to point out:
1) As you can see at the beginning of the video, the character selection menu has a jittery animation while in Spectate mode (first-person), and whenever the person you're viewing is running it jitters. It stops when the person is not moving.

2) I found another weird glitch at 3:30 of this video where a "dummy" character was standing still. It looked like he was alive 'cause he was standing and pointing the gun when in fact, I believe he was already dead but I don't know why the character was still up. It's probably due to a bugged death animation or something.

and possible 3) Whenever I boot up GE:S Beta 4 it takes so long just refreshing for servers, even longer now with the 4.0.2 hotfix. Any comments on this?

// Roth
« Last Edit: February 27, 2010, 12:27:35 pm by Roth Sothy »

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
Re: [BUG] Character Selection Menu + "Dummy" Character
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2010, 11:02:44 am »

#2 happens when someone times out.. don't thing much can be done.

Also UNCHECK the "show map list" at bottom left of server menu, odds are will fix your server problem.
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

Roth Sothy

Re: [BUG] Character Selection Menu + "Dummy" Character + Currently In-Game
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2010, 12:31:25 pm »

When I boot up GE: S, Steam would say:

Currently In-Game / In-Mod
Source SDK Base 2007

Shouldn't it say GoldenEye: Source Beta 4 as what the shortcut within my Steam client is named?

// Roth
« Last Edit: February 27, 2010, 12:40:34 pm by Roth Sothy »

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
Re: [BUG] Character Selection Menu + "Dummy" Character + Currently In-Game
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2010, 04:36:40 pm »

The jittery character model in the selection screen lags with your latency I think... Not 100% on that, but I usually notice it when I'm playing with a high ping.

The showing up as Source SDK Base 2007 is a bug in Steam. It happens for some people, doesn't for others.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps

Well jittery character was mitigated by booting you into ROAMING mode when you try to select a character when in first person / third person spectator. Sometimes it doesn't get you in ROAMING mode and you'll see the jitters. Nothing can be done about this.

The rest of it are NOT bugs or are 100% on Valve's side of the card table.
Pages: [1]   Go Up