GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 09:27:06 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't connect to Friend's Servers  (Read 4397 times)

dkire13

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • dkire13 has no influence.
Can't connect to Friend's Servers
« on: August 18, 2016, 10:58:37 pm »

It's weird too. I'm able to connect to online servers just fine, but I can't connect to other servers even when I'm invited. If I host a server, nobody can connect to it.

I already port forwarded port 27015 (Used for CSS) and Windows firewall has been disabled.

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
Re: Can't connect to Friend's Servers
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2016, 10:22:37 am »

Have you tried the following commands after launching the server:

sv_lan 0
heartbeat
changelevel <mapname>

Severs

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Severs has no influence.
Re: Can't connect to Friend's Servers
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2016, 04:12:33 pm »

Is it just servers being hosted by your friends that are giving you the issue? Are they hosting it on their own computer?

The reason I ask is I host a server on mine and while people can connect to it fine from the server browser, people cannot join me via the steam friend list, or if I invite them because for some reason, instead of using my public IP, it uses my local IP of 10.0.0.2. Seems to be a steam issue, as it does it on other games that use steamworks as well, such as Ark.

If this is the case, the only workaround I have found is to use the server browser and join that way. But then again, I haven't really looked into the issue of why steam uses my local IP vs my public IP.
Pages: [1]   Go Up