GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 23, 2024, 08:49:47 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't connect to VAC servers.  (Read 5519 times)

Goldeneye64freak

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Goldeneye64freak has no influence.
Can't connect to VAC servers.
« on: October 12, 2012, 05:23:55 pm »

I got the servers fixed, but I have a new problem. It won't let me play on a server. It keeps saying "A connection to the Steam VAC servers cannot be made." How can I fix it? FYI: My internet works fine.

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
Re: Can't connect to VAC servers.
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2012, 08:28:58 pm »

Log out of steam and log in.

Steam-Change User- Logout- Log back in.
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2012, 08:34:32 pm »

Are you VAC banned?

If not, try to log out of steam (change user) and log in again.
Also i read that going offline on the friends list might also help in some cases.

I'd also recomend that you disable automatic login for your steam account and rather do it manually every time.
Also it might be a good idea to disable the automatic login for the friends list as well.

If it still does not work, check if you're able to play any other multiplayer game using VAC.

Goldeneye64freak

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Goldeneye64freak has no influence.
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2012, 11:36:49 pm »

Are you VAC banned?

If not, try to log out of steam (change user) and log in again.
Also i read that going offline on the friends list might also help in some cases.

I'd also recomend that you disable automatic login for your steam account and rather do it manually every time.
Also it might be a good idea to disable the automatic login for the friends list as well.

If it still does not work, check if you're able to play any other multiplayer game using VAC.
It still doesn't work

Igmuwa

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Igmuwa has no influence.
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2012, 12:52:47 pm »

I had this happen too, I did 4 attempts before I gave up.
It was gone when I tried about 15 minutes later however.
I would say about the same date you posted this, never seen it before or after that.

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2012, 02:49:05 am »

I've heared one of the issues is that sometimes Valves VAC servers are to busy to handle all the requests.
Pages: [1]   Go Up