GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 02:04:58 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [mattshaka89] - Player Modeller  (Read 4939 times)

mattshaka89

[mattshaka89] - Player Modeller
« on: March 19, 2010, 02:28:34 pm »

hi im a digital animator at uni col falmouth and ive always loved goldeneye since i was like 6 and have been playing the mod for a while now online and noticed you dont have that many players to choose from i was thinking maybe i could build some models for some extra characters that you could use in the multiplayer games and in the future in the single player games. Ive got about 1yr and half of experience using maya for modelling and animating would some extra models be helpful if i was to build some and then if you like them you could use them in the game? Im going to be doing some modelling next term for a project so i may base my ideas around goldeneye anyways

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
Re: [mattshaka89] - Player Modeller
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2010, 02:39:40 pm »

Hi, I split off your post and put it in the proper location. Please provide samples of your work and a small resume / CV. Thanks

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2010, 05:09:38 pm »

And at least try using proper grammar to make yourself look somewhat serious/professional.
Luchador: I NEVER NAME MY FILES IN UPPER CASE
Luchador: I ONLY TALK IN UPPER CASE
[GE:S] killermonkey: GOOD TO KNOW

Josh [SLX]

• Wrestling game designer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Josh [SLX] is looked down upon.
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2010, 12:08:09 am »

Only a year and a half of modeling experience?

I have more than that and still cannot model characters.

There is a certain amount of expectation in workflow and talent that comes before how well you are with a certain modeling application. Without a portfolio we have no way of gauging your abilities. Until work examples are posted, no one here can give you an answer.
Current Projects: Runway, Bunker, Aztec Textures

[GE:S Com] DF Ank1

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • [GE:S Com] DF Ank1 has no influence.
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2010, 06:52:30 pm »

i have to laugh if he would be better than we thoght but the red text on the top says that there was no reply since 60 days so i think he is so fast away as he comes :-)
Big Fan of the Arecibo Observatory / Antenna Cradle.
I would pay money to get the old cradle back. Ad me on Facebook. I am ever glad about new members. Specially when they come from GE:S. My name is Rudolf von Ank
Pages: [1]   Go Up