GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 29, 2024, 10:00:59 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Beta 4 Translations needed  (Read 44992 times)

coolDisguise

• GoldenEye fan
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • coolDisguise barely matters.coolDisguise barely matters.
Re: Beta 4 Translations needed
« Reply #90 on: September 10, 2010, 04:40:25 am »

There's a wiki where the language files are kept and being compiled from - anyone can contribute as far as I know.
You need to create an account for it first, though.

http://wiki.goldeneyesource.net/index.php/Category:Translations

Be sure to check to only insert missing (i.e. new) things once and keep the order in which stuff is listed. (Makes it easier to find them again if another edit is needed) Furthermore I think it would be good if you talked to other translators for your chosen language.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 04:45:24 am by coolDisguise »

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #91 on: September 10, 2010, 04:54:25 am »

Thanks for the info.
I have registered on the wiki, And will wait for other translators for further notice.
Although, If there are errors in the current one, Is it possible for me to edit them?
Thanks for the replies, Much appreciated.

coolDisguise

• GoldenEye fan
  • 00 Agent
« Reply #92 on: September 10, 2010, 05:04:02 am »

You can edit right away - I just meant it's better to have communication between several translators, because each translator might have other linguistic preferences and use other words or occasionally misunderstand things from the source version. Also there might be some restrictions that apply for example for the length of the award names or such, so a non-literal translation is sometimes better.
Look out for words that are already translated in other parts and try to keep their translation consistent.

The French version hasn't been worked on since February, so you're the first to edit it for Beta 4.1 anyway.

It was done by X-tra and major for the most part.

EDIT: I almost forgot the most important part - the wiki keeps track of what you're doing and you can always go back to an older version, so don't be afraid to change something
« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 05:14:34 am by coolDisguise »

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #93 on: October 31, 2010, 05:06:33 pm »

FINAL CALL FOR v4.1 TRANSLATIONS!

http://wiki.goldeneyesource.net/index.php?title=Gesource_english&diff=3726&oldid=3624

I made a couple changes, additions, and the like to the localization file in our final testing stages. Feel free to translate. You have ~2 weeks (THIS IS NOT A RELEASE TIMELINE).
« Last Edit: October 31, 2010, 11:48:41 pm by killermonkey »

coolDisguise

• GoldenEye fan
  • 00 Agent
« Reply #94 on: October 31, 2010, 10:42:43 pm »

I suppose, since my changes to the english version had been reverted, "For England, Alec" now only counts the timed mines kills, as said in the description.

I updated the german version accordingly. (and added the new stuff and fixed old translations, while I was at it)
Hopefully, Kraid and Cy will take a look, too.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #95 on: October 31, 2010, 11:45:26 pm »

Whoops, that was an oversight. It should say "all mine types"

EDIT: Fixed, link updated above
« Last Edit: October 31, 2010, 11:48:11 pm by killermonkey »

WNx Coil

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • WNx Coil has no influence.
« Reply #96 on: November 15, 2010, 03:03:33 pm »

Hi all.
Some french translations are wrong, or contain some mistakes... well, is it possible to help ? Add me on steam if you need a french guy to help you ;)

see ya on GoldenEye guys.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #97 on: December 06, 2010, 03:37:25 am »

http://wiki.goldeneyesource.net/index.php?title=Gesource_english&diff=3773&oldid=3726

Hey guys, need last minute translation services. You have 48 hours.

coolDisguise

• GoldenEye fan
  • 00 Agent
« Reply #98 on: December 06, 2010, 11:53:45 am »

Impending release or what? ;-)

WNx Coil

• Agent
« Reply #99 on: December 07, 2010, 10:42:36 pm »

I'm reading it. Well I don't know exactly how to modify on the wiki so i'll post directly here :

First - I write why some parts need to be changed
Secondly - I'll put it directly in the commands. TO THE DEV TEAM : MAKE SOME TESTS AND GIVE YOUR ADVICE BEFORE THE UPDATE !

"GE_WorldKill"         "Environement"
it's "Environnement" : one N is missing

"GE_KB_Misc"      "Autre"
change "Autre" to "Divers"

"GE_Hint_GameplayHelp"   "Pesez sur %+cl_ge_gameplay_help% pour obtenir de l'aide sur le mode de jeu actuel."
"GE_Hint_WeaponSet"   "Pesez sur %+cl_ge_weaponset_list% pour voir le set d'armes actuel."
It's not "Pesez sur" but "Pressez"

"GES_Death_Headshot"      "^7%s1^1 a tué ^8%s2^1 avec %s3^9%s4^1 Headshot"
Remplace "Headshot" by " d'une balle dans la tète"
in french the message appears like : "Coil a tué Bob avec Shotgun Headshot" but it would be better if it appears like "Coil a tué Bob avec Shotgun d'une balle dans la tète"
it's longer but better for french translation.

"GE_AWARD_DEADLY"      "Le plus meurtrié"
not "Meutrié" but "Meutrier". french grammar fail lol......

"GE_AWARD_SHORTINNINGS"      "Courte vies"
Change "Courte" by "Courtes". One S is missing.

"GES_SHARPSHOOTAH_DESC"      "Tuez votre adversaire avec le Sniper à plus de 170 pieds"
170 feets are approximatively equal to 52 meters (51.8 etc etc mathematic fail... XD). You can replace "170 pieds" to "50 metres" but it's not a real problem

"GES_ONE_WITH_BULLET_DESC"   "obtenez les distinctions Le plus meurtrié et Tireur d'élite à la fin d'une manche"
"GES_INVINCIBLE_DESC"      "Jouez en tant que Boris et obtenez les distinctions Le plus meurtrié et Les plus longues vies à la fin d'une manche"

Same problem with "Meutrié", change it to "Meutrier"

"GES_PP7_LEVEL1_NAME"      "PKing Soup (Agent)"
"PKing Soup" is a bit difficult to translate. I need you to explain : do you mean play with the PPK is like making a soup of dead players ? If I well understand the meaning of this english expression I would be able to translate in french

"GES_SNIPERRIFLE_LEVEL1_NAME"   "A View To A Kill (Agent)"
The James Bond movie "A view to a Kill" is called "Dangereusement vôtre" in France (Vôtre or Votre, the accent over the O doesn't matter) Why don't you put the french title ?

"GES_GP_LALD_HELP"      "Un joueur est choisi au hasard pour être le Baron à chaques tours. Si vous êtres le Baron........."
Please, change "êtres" to "êtes" ...

"GES_GP_CAPTUREKEY_HELP"   "L'ennemi a vos documents! Vous devez capturez la clé"
Change "capturez" to "capturer"

"GES_GP_MWGG_DROPPED"      "^y%s1 ^ya laissé tombé le Golden Gun !"
replace "tombé" by "tomber"

Corrections :

"GE_WorldKill"         "Environnement"

"GE_KB_Misc"      "Divers"

"GE_Hint_GameplayHelp"   "Pressez  %+cl_ge_gameplay_help% pour obtenir de l'aide sur le mode de jeu actuel."
"GE_Hint_WeaponSet"   "Pressez  %+cl_ge_weaponset_list% pour voir le set d'armes actuel."

"GES_Death_Headshot"      "^7%s1^1 a tué ^8%s2^1 avec %s3^9%s4^1 d'une balle dans la tète"

"GE_AWARD_DEADLY"      "Le plus meurtrier"

"GE_AWARD_SHORTINNINGS"      "Courtes vies"

"GES_SHARPSHOOTAH_DESC"      "Tuez votre adversaire avec le Sniper à plus de 50 mètres"

"GES_ONE_WITH_BULLET_DESC"   "obtenez les distinctions Le plus meurtrier et Tireur d'élite à la fin d'une manche"
"GES_INVINCIBLE_DESC"      "Jouez en tant que Boris et obtenez les distinctions Le plus meurtrier et Les plus longues vies à la fin d'une manche"

"GES_SNIPERRIFLE_LEVEL1_NAME"   "Dangereusement Vôtre (Agent)"

"GES_GP_LALD_HELP"      "Un joueur est choisi au hasard pour être le Baron à chaque tours. Si vous êtes le Baron, vous devez éliminer tous les joueurs grâce à vos pouvoirs de sorcier qui vous téléportent à un autre endroit sur la carte. Chaque fois que vous mourez, vous gagnez un niveau, mais attention au joueur avec le Golden Gun!\n\nEn tant que joueur, vous devez trouver le Golden Gun et essayer de tuer le Baron avant qu'il ne vous tue.\n\nJeu en équipe: Jamais"

"GES_GP_CAPTUREKEY_HELP"   "L'ennemi a vos documents! Vous devez capturer la clé"

"GES_GP_MWGG_DROPPED"      "^y%s1 ^y a laissé tomber le Golden Gun !"

WNx Coil

• Agent
« Reply #100 on: December 07, 2010, 10:51:26 pm »

Well I hope it's not too late :/

I didn't replace directly the translations in the Wiki page because I'm affraid to make something wrong... lol

If you don't understand something of what I said in english, ask me :)

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #101 on: December 07, 2010, 10:56:29 pm »

"'PKing Soup' is a bit difficult to translate. I need you to explain : do you mean play with the PPK is like making a soup of dead players ? If I well understand the meaning of this english expression I would be able to translate in french"

It's a play on words of a real type of soup: peking soup

I'll add it to the wiki. Don't think its to late, but needs to be documented correctly anyway.
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

WNx Coil

• Agent
« Reply #102 on: December 07, 2010, 11:02:57 pm »

Well it's ok, in french we can say : Soupe Pékin (the same as the english version) but it could be translated like that : "Soupe PKnoise" . the sense is the same, but i'm not sure the play of word would be understood. OMG those french are boring :D (joking)

WNx Coil

• Agent
« Reply #103 on: December 07, 2010, 11:05:30 pm »

"Soupe PKinoise" is the best translation I can do in order to keep the play of words.

The rest of my translations and corrections sounds good I hope.

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #104 on: December 07, 2010, 11:08:20 pm »

Only thing I'm hesitant on it the length of the Headshot translation. That would cover the whole screen.

Updated.

Note to KM, add Coil to credits.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 11:15:54 pm by major »
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up