GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 10:19:20 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How Do I Find Out What Variables Are Passed For Each Event Hook?  (Read 7310 times)

Phivex

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Phivex has no influence.
How Do I Find Out What Variables Are Passed For Each Event Hook?
« on: September 20, 2016, 07:02:50 pm »

I can find out the number of parameters and their values when registering a new hook. All I have to do is tell the hook to call a function with a single parameter. It'll error out and say it expected X number of parameters but only found one. I can then change it to take X parameters and then output the values to the console with GEUtil.Msg(), but those values mean nothing to me without knowing what they represent.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
Re: How Do I Find Out What Variables Are Passed For Each Event Hook?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2016, 01:35:36 am »

The variables are the same that would be passed to the corresponding gameplay function. Usually its no variables.

Most variable types print out a meaningful message when you just: print( variable )
Pages: [1]   Go Up