GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 11:34:14 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SLI Support?  (Read 6886 times)

007rocks

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • 007rocks has no influence.
SLI Support?
« on: August 09, 2011, 05:04:15 am »

Hello, I just started playing and I absolutely LOVE THIS GAME! Thank you team so much for making it. I was wondering if it supports SLI GTX 460s. I was viewing EVGA precision and did not see my 2nd GPU get above 5%. I also play SC2/Portal and the SLI works fine.

Do you guys recommend using Vsync or not when using SLI? According to net_graph I get hundreds of in frames and only about 100 outframes. FPS is usually 200ish.

Also, should we do anything about enabling cores in a quad-core i7 machine?

Thanks so much! ;D
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 05:10:28 am by 007rocks »

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
Re: SLI Support?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2011, 10:49:45 am »

Firstly, thanks for your support and we are glad you enjoy the game!

To answer your question directly, no. We cannot change to that level since that is at the engine interface level. You experience these wonderful graces of new technology in Portal and SC2? because they are running a newer version of Valve's Source Engine (2009 to be exact).

Philosophic question: Why do you care about SLI and multi-core rendering if you are already getting 200+ fps?

You are maxed out by the source engine to 100 out frames, that has nothing to do with your SLI capability. What this means is you are sending 100 updates of your network state to the server per second. Which server are you connected to that gives you "hundreds" of updates in?? Most are bound to 33 or 66.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 10:51:33 am by killermonkey »

007rocks

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • 007rocks has no influence.
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2011, 08:01:02 pm »

I like using SLI because I want of load balancing (splitting the work between two cards intead of only one). I was getting 300FPS so I ended up frame limiting to around 130ish to save on GPU usage%.

Most of the servers I have joined seem to have a lot of frames in.
http://i.imgur.com/VLFGv.jpg

Thanks for the answers.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2011, 08:35:55 pm »

Yah you are looking at the wrong number. The in/out you are referring to is the size of the data (kbytes I think). The number of updates per second is on the far right where it says 34/s
Pages: [1]   Go Up