GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 11:13:18 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [BUG] Round and match scoreboards not adding up  (Read 3360 times)

mookie

• Idiot
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • mookie is looked down upon.
[BUG] Round and match scoreboards not adding up
« on: February 08, 2009, 09:01:02 pm »

I've switched both our servers onto 3-hour rounds and 20-minute matches, i.e. one round per match.

I'm noticing that, most of the time, the match scoreboard is simply double everyone's score from the one big round, and rarely more than one award will show up. This is not a big problem as I cut the chat time way down anyway, but it may point to a bug in how the match scores are figured.

FYI most of the time there are actually 2 rounds, the first being less than a minute while I changed the weapon set and reset the round. So the first round will have several kills.
5 2 3 7 1 4 6 0

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
Re: [BUG] Round and match scoreboards not adding up
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2009, 09:30:22 pm »

Yes this is a bug that slipped by because we never tested with 1 round = 1 map *blush* and no one whipped out a calculator summing up their scores and comparing over 3-4 rounds.

What happens is, the game logic adds your round scores to your match scores every time the logic enters the DELAY state. So when the match ends, it enters the delay state for the round, then AGAIN for the match only this time with a "Final" flag being set. So it's adding your previous rounds scores twice.

Not a terrible bug since it is all for fun, but it could screw some final rankings if you did poorly your final round compared to your others. This is already fixed and ready for the B3 patch.

This fix will also make it so that for 1 round = 1 map servers only the MATCH scores show and not the round (with a delay of ge_rounddelay + mp_chattime). That way you don't have two scores popping up that say the same thing. Again, sorry!

BTW, you can get by with a roundtime of 21*60 seconds instead of 3 hours, it just clamps to the map time
« Last Edit: February 08, 2009, 09:32:30 pm by killermonkey »
Pages: [1]   Go Up