GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 08:56:14 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: GES Update 10/23/09 [October Report]  (Read 57667 times)

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
Re: GES Update 10/23/09 [October Report]
« Reply #60 on: November 10, 2009, 02:54:14 pm »

You guys deserve it!

Can I make a suggestion? The grenade launcher looks a little too squarish... The last thing this mod needs is more polygons, so how about some texture tricks that make it look more roundish. For example look at the Quake 3 grenade launcher. Looks realy roundish with a low poly count: http://www.mobeenfikree.com/images/screenshots/thePit/screen3.jpg

PS: that way you can only see that it is round because of the edges... but if you can make the edgy part transparent in your textures than you can achieve truely round looking objects ;) But make sure that you don't include these texture hacks into model that others can see walking around...

I...  ???

I don't think that's the finished grenade launcher, it seems to be a placeholder (low detail/unfinished version for testing). I'm sure the finished one will have much rounder edges just like the sniper rifle does and a nice texture with normal maps.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
« Reply #61 on: November 10, 2009, 09:44:19 pm »

Grenade Launcher texture is probably going to be upscaled and have normal/spec maps added. The model itself is pretty much done, the texture just makes it look ugly as hell.
Luchador: I NEVER NAME MY FILES IN UPPER CASE
Luchador: I ONLY TALK IN UPPER CASE
[GE:S] killermonkey: GOOD TO KNOW

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #62 on: November 11, 2009, 05:57:20 am »

And by ugly as hell he means "WIP and we are making it look hot right now" :)

-PR out

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #63 on: November 12, 2009, 10:18:49 am »

Last night I dreamt of a new update..and joanna dark from perfect dark was one of the new characters..or was it Beatrix Kiddo from Kill Bill ? I can`t remember..but I do remember that I thought: YES, GREAT !
very funny  :P
« Last Edit: November 12, 2009, 10:21:29 am by The Cy »
finished: ge_funhouse v4 Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?urjfs3ra2zdslcz

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #64 on: November 12, 2009, 01:11:35 pm »

Last night I dreamt of a new update..and joanna dark from perfect dark was one of the new characters..or was it Beatrix Kiddo from Kill Bill ? I can`t remember..but I do remember that I thought: YES, GREAT !
very funny  :P

GE:S already has it's fair share of hot women. If Rosika makes it in, there will be one more.

V!NCENT

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • V!NCENT has no influence.
« Reply #65 on: November 12, 2009, 08:48:28 pm »

GE:S already has it's fair share of hot women. If Rosika makes it in, there will be one more.
Polizei, is that you?

7FoX

• @_7FoX --> follow me?
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • 7FoX barely matters.7FoX barely matters.
    • Ma Shutube xD
« Reply #66 on: November 12, 2009, 09:49:16 pm »

ROSIKA, lmao!

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #67 on: November 13, 2009, 01:45:30 am »

I'm so eager to hear more about the music player.. I know there's a lot of alternative versions of some of the songs, will they all eventually be included? Variety is the spice of life.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #68 on: November 13, 2009, 09:22:43 pm »

I'm so eager to hear more about the music player.. I know there's a lot of alternative versions of some of the songs, will they all eventually be included? Variety is the spice of life.

Not sure if they ALL will be included in the end, but with a customizable music player you can add whatever song you want yourself too. You can also take the music from alpha, beta 1, and beta 3 and put it in there if you want a HUGE variety :) also, don't forget the beta3 soundtrack since there are unused bonus tracks :). But yeah, there are a good amount of alternate versions in 4 and you won't be disappointed with the music player thats for sure. :)

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

Proxy

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Proxy has no influence.
« Reply #69 on: November 16, 2009, 08:12:04 am »

Looks great, cant wait for the release.

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #70 on: November 18, 2009, 05:44:59 am »

Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

Shinedown122

« Reply #71 on: November 22, 2009, 07:19:37 pm »

When is the position of how we hold the guns gonna be in there because i just went on and it was Like Garrysmod stance

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #72 on: November 22, 2009, 07:22:09 pm »

When is the position of how we hold the guns gonna be in there because i just went on and it was Like Garrysmod stance

The third-person animations?

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
« Reply #73 on: November 22, 2009, 07:39:11 pm »

Yeah, Beta 3.x and below uses the HL2DM animations set, the standard character animations that come with the Source code for multiplayer mods. Killermonkey and I have created a new animation set for just about every GES weapon, and it looks much better when the hands actually fit the weapon. You can see some of the animations in the update, and some more have been created/polished since then.
Luchador: I NEVER NAME MY FILES IN UPPER CASE
Luchador: I ONLY TALK IN UPPER CASE
[GE:S] killermonkey: GOOD TO KNOW

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #74 on: December 02, 2009, 01:38:04 pm »

hmm, after reading most of the regular posts here, it seems to me that the beta 4 update will be HUGE..maybe 2 or 3 new characters..maybe 3 new levels, ( some classics exclusive) moonraker laser, granade launcher, rocket launcher..bullet penetration, rolling explosions, python code, new game modes like capture the key...over 70 achievements..wow guys, do you sleep at all ?  :D

Cy
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 01:53:31 pm by The Cy »
finished: ge_funhouse v4 Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?urjfs3ra2zdslcz
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up