GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 01:25:03 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: GES Flashes fullscreen and then disappears over and over  (Read 6040 times)

aggieben

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • aggieben has no influence.
GES Flashes fullscreen and then disappears over and over
« on: May 19, 2017, 10:34:15 pm »

When I start GES it tries to take fullscreen, but it jumps back out to the desktop and then tries again and repeats this process endlessly.  The only way I can break out of it is to hit the Windows key to force focus away from GES.

I did a reinstall once today to see if that would fix the problem, and I was able to play one session.  I quit that one and then later tried to play again and it went back to not being able to set the resolution.

Any ideas?

JohnRDVSMarston

• Insania est arcanum
  • Agent
  • Reputation Power: 34
  • JohnRDVSMarston is a rising star!JohnRDVSMarston is a rising star!JohnRDVSMarston is a rising star!JohnRDVSMarston is a rising star!JohnRDVSMarston is a rising star!JohnRDVSMarston is a rising star!
    • YouTube Channel
Re: GES Flashes fullscreen and then disappears over and over
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2017, 11:23:56 pm »

Can you state the resolution of your desktop? I don't know how to help, but maybe someone that can help you may need it.

Also, sorry. :/-
Working around to be programmer, voice artist, designer, compositor and writer. If you want help, I'll be much obliged in helping you.

P.S: No, I'm not behind you with a bloody screwdriver. I'm a nice guy! >:D

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2017, 11:42:32 pm »

Right click on Source SDK Base 2007 in Steam, go to properties > launch options and enter the following:
Code: [Select]
-w1920 -h1080
(replace the numbers with your resolution width and height)

Then launch GoldenEye: Source from your Steam library.

Also please ensure you're not taking focus away from the game as it launches, Source does not like losing focus or being minimized when loading stuff.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

aggieben

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • aggieben has no influence.
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2017, 05:51:53 pm »

My native resolution is 3840 x 2160.

I tried setting the parameters like you suggested, but that didn't help.  What's weird is that after a reboot (or reinstalling the game) I can run it once and it works fine.  But every time after that leads to the endless resolution-switching behavior like I described.

JohnRDVSMarston

• Insania est arcanum
  • Agent
  • Reputation Power: 34
  • JohnRDVSMarston is a rising star!JohnRDVSMarston is a rising star!JohnRDVSMarston is a rising star!JohnRDVSMarston is a rising star!JohnRDVSMarston is a rising star!JohnRDVSMarston is a rising star!
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2017, 10:54:29 pm »

Can the game work in a resolution below that, with doesn't give your computer hell? I had some of that problem when I tried to play American McGee's Alice (it doesn't have 1366x768 res. I tried to make the game play in that resolution anyway. I had to reinstall the game and play in a lower resolution). Maybe it could work in this problem...
Working around to be programmer, voice artist, designer, compositor and writer. If you want help, I'll be much obliged in helping you.

P.S: No, I'm not behind you with a bloody screwdriver. I'm a nice guy! >:D
Pages: [1]   Go Up