GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 11:07:22 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Where do I configure a controller?  (Read 4309 times)

ValorNET

Where do I configure a controller?
« on: December 04, 2010, 04:11:19 am »

Steps would be great.
I can use either my Ps3 controller or my N64.
I'd prefer my N64.

Anyway, I just need to know where the menu (if there is one) to configure my joypad resides.
Or if there even is one in GE:Source that I need to configure. Just where/what is it?
« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 04:51:48 am by ValorNET »

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
Re: Where do I configure a controller?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2010, 06:03:16 am »

Since no one that I know of has the N64 to USB adapter, your going to have to do all the work yourself. I would help you, but I frankly have no idea what software you'd use to get the controller working on PC. And if you could get that far, you would need to find out what each button on the controller is bound as(ex like trigger=JOY8, and such).

If you know all this, you simply have to make a .cfg file with all the needed binds. You can see how its done by looking at the Xbox360 configs in your gesource/cfg folder. Or here is the PS3 config files.

On the bright side, PS3 controller is "fully" supported here.

But if you have a N64 to USB adaptor, please post if you do. Then we can help you get it working and creating the proper files needed to get it working.

« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 06:07:48 am by major »
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

Kratos

• Reputation Power: 125
  • Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!
Re: Where do I configure a controller?
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2010, 09:13:10 pm »

Since no one that I know of has the N64 to USB adapter, your going to have to do all the work yourself. I would help you, but I frankly have no idea what software you'd use to get the controller working on PC. And if you could get that far, you would need to find out what each button on the controller is bound as(ex like trigger=JOY8, and such).

If you know all this, you simply have to make a .cfg file with all the needed binds. You can see how its done by looking at the Xbox360 configs in your gesource/cfg folder. Or here is the PS3 config files.

On the bright side, PS3 controller is "fully" supported here.

But if you have a N64 to USB adaptor, please post if you do. Then we can help you get it working and creating the proper files needed to get it working.

I also have a N64/PS1/PS2 to usb adapter. I will try it out with GES tonight.
Pages: [1]   Go Up