GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 08:03:51 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Metroid Prime 3: Corruption  (Read 6892 times)

DaDude

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • DaDude has no influence.
    • Youtube Account
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
« on: August 28, 2007, 10:13:21 am »

Well here's a discussion topic for one of Nintendo's latest game, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption.

Anyway... IT'S BEEN RELEASED WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! ...ahem. Well, MP3C, one of Nintendo's big three (and my most anticipated game for the Wii) is finally released in Canada and the US today!!! Reviews are very good (9 and above, except from GameSh-- I mean, GameSpot).

...well, yeah. Whoo! Can't wait to play it! How about yourself? Anyone else excited? :D

Oh, PLEASE post a spoiler warning if you're going to post spoilers, ok? Let me say that again just incase...

PLEASE post a SPOILER WARNING if YOU are going to POST SPOILERS, ok?

Mike [fourtecks]

• Disregard KM, acquire death threats.
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 19
  • Mike [fourtecks] is working their way up.Mike [fourtecks] is working their way up.Mike [fourtecks] is working their way up.
Re: Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2007, 06:02:29 pm »

I will be getting this tomorrow for my birthday
ge_facility, ge_facility_backzone, ge_control

oboe

• Secret Agent
  • oboe is looked down upon.
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2007, 06:47:59 pm »

I never really liked the metroid prime series on the console. I liked the Gameboy versions, and I really like Metroid Prime Pinball, but that's about it. I don't really see what's so awesome about it, when I played it, it just reminded me too much of TLoZ.

fonfa

• Retired Developer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • fonfa has no influence.
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2007, 02:24:57 am »

seriously, whats wrong with gamespot? giving gears of war a 9.6 and mp3 and mgs an 8.5?
[01:22 PM] fourtecks: YOU NEED ME HARD

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2007, 05:19:45 pm »

Well, just look at my nickname, and you know my relationship to Metroid.

Here in Germany (and the Rest of the EU) it'll come on 26th of October.

I hoped to get a first impression of it on the GamesConvention (23-26.08) in Leipzig, but Nintendo failed me.

There were only those Party-Games like WiiFit or BrainAcademy.
Nothing to see or hear about MP3, Mario Galaxy or the new Mario-Kart.

But that doesn't mean they were not there, but you had to have a Press-ID to see them.
The Ordinary Player (these Guys who should buy it at the end) wasn't able to get a single hand on it or even recognize their existence via Video or something else.

Well done, Nintendo.

And then they did something Stupid like the Metroid-Channel with some simple Video-streams (They never heared of youtube, right?).
Unless it`s not available in Germany at the moment, i don't see a reason to get this Channel, cause there are much more Videos of Corruption out there (and also viewable with Wii).

Next disappointment for me is, the inability to exchange "Stars" (from Gamecube) to Wii-Points.
Got more than 6500 Stars and nothing to spend them on.

And what's the matter of making the VC-Games that expansive. I mean 1000 Points are equal to 10 €.
For that amount, I can get the most N64 Games Original on eBay or Second-Hand-Shop.

There is also another word in the top of my head when I'm thinking of Old Games.
Something like Emu****r.

So, you might think now: hey he hates Nintendo. No, not always, but if they're going on with shit like that, who knows.

Shaken not Stirred

• 00 Agent
  • Shaken not Stirred is looked down upon.
    • FP.tk
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2007, 12:31:05 am »

Thank heavens their ending the 3D Metroids. Hunters was a real piece of crap with false advertising (where are the Metroids?)

I just can't get enough of playing and replaying Super Metroid and Zero Mission on my GP2X. There's no alternative.

X23

• Secret Agent
  • X23 has no influence.
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2007, 01:54:59 pm »

The 3d metroids are bad. 2d ones are 50 X better.

Also, what Kraid set is spot on. They were over focusing on wii fit, and brain crap at E3 too. The people at E3 don't care about those things. I hope nintendo doesn't eventually completely abandon their existing fanbase that made them popular for a bunch of shallow mini games. I only say this because they have excellent franchises and developers.

.sh4k3n

• 00 Agent
  • .sh4k3n is looked down upon.
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2007, 01:59:08 am »

I was watching my friend play it at his apartment while I was drinking beer, and it looked pretty boring for the most part.

Shaken not Stirred

• 00 Agent
  • Shaken not Stirred is looked down upon.
    • FP.tk
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2007, 07:24:27 am »

I was watching my friend play it at his apartment while I was drinking beer, and it looked pretty boring for the most part.
You can't compare video-games to beer!

DaDude

• Secret Agent
  • DaDude has no influence.
    • Youtube Account
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2007, 12:09:13 am »

Well, I enjoyed it. Nowhere near as much as MP1, but it was good none the less.
Pages: [1]   Go Up