GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 09:17:27 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Motion disabled for prop_physics_multiplayer?  (Read 6752 times)

TwiggyTwink

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • TwiggyTwink has no influence.
Motion disabled for prop_physics_multiplayer?
« on: December 25, 2010, 09:43:37 pm »

Hello,

How do you get prop_physics_multiplayer to be static?

The model I am using doesn't allow for anything other than "physics". Static and Dynamic are disabled.

In the Object Properties, I have the "Physics Mode" set to "Non-Solid, Server-side" so that players cannot walk over/by it and cause it to bounce around.

How do I get it to stay motionless/unable to be moved?

Thank you.

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
Re: Motion disabled for prop_physics_multiplayer?
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2010, 10:18:36 pm »

Instead of using those keyvalues you set, use the defaults for them and go to the "flags" tab. Select "debris" if you want the prop to not be affected by player presence but still have physics interaction, then flag "motion disabled" to make it stay in place.
Luchador: I NEVER NAME MY FILES IN UPPER CASE
Luchador: I ONLY TALK IN UPPER CASE
[GE:S] killermonkey: GOOD TO KNOW

Mike [fourtecks]

• Disregard KM, acquire death threats.
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 19
  • Mike [fourtecks] is working their way up.Mike [fourtecks] is working their way up.Mike [fourtecks] is working their way up.
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2010, 10:43:25 pm »

you can also try prop_dynamic_override
ge_facility, ge_facility_backzone, ge_control

TwiggyTwink

• Secret Agent
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2010, 03:11:55 am »

Instead of using those keyvalues you set, use the defaults for them and go to the "flags" tab. Select "debris" if you want the prop to not be affected by player presence but still have physics interaction, then flag "motion disabled" to make it stay in place.

Yeah, that is what I do for other games. The only checkbox available in the "flags" tab is "GE:S Not Bullet Penetrable" or something like that.

I'm wondering if that is because I didn't set up Hammer correctly. I'm not sure because I have been able to map without any issue. And have been able to compile my map without any crashing or errors.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2010, 03:17:08 am by TwiggyTwink »

TwiggyTwink

• Secret Agent
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2010, 09:09:08 am »

So I took another look. It looks like I'm used to using Prop_physics_multiplayer. The flags for that entity aren't there.

But when I use "prop_physics" the "motion disabled" and "debris - do not collide with player or debris" are available options.

So in short, use prop_physics instead of prop_physics_multiplayer.

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2010, 02:40:02 pm »

Yeah, generally prop_physics_multiplayer aren't used in GE:S since physics objects aren't really any factor in gameplay. It is necessary in HL2DM for instance where you have the gravity gun to launch toilets at people and for gameplay sakes there can't be game-ruining physics prediction errors.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer
Pages: [1]   Go Up