GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 19, 2024, 08:14:00 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Remote Mines  (Read 28164 times)

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
Re: Remote Mines
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2009, 09:09:57 pm »

In the games you play you also had to memorize the weapons you carry around; granted that in GE:S they might be in a greater number, but the logic still applies. Games where you get to choose your weapons at the start of a round cannot be compared to this mod. If you played UT, then it's more or less the same thing; lots of weapons that coe in handy in different situations.
Just remember them and that's it! Why so hard? You can disable the fast weapon switch and a little GUI will appear on the right side of your screen as your choose your weapon, indicating which is the weapon selected, like in HL2.

keefy

• EWJ
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • keefy is looked down upon.
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2009, 09:17:20 pm »

Never going to dissable fast weapon switch.
Its pretty hard to not tell the difference between  magnum and SMG.

PPK

• PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2009, 09:21:23 pm »

Never going to dissable fast weapon switch.

Memorize the weapons available in the mod. Memorize the ones you pick up. Make your selection accordingly. It isn't that hard to memorize them.
Another question: did you have the original game for N64 and played it?

keefy

• EWJ
  • 00 Agent
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2009, 09:22:58 pm »

Irrelevent.
Memorize the weapons available in the mod. Memorize the ones you pick up. Make your selection accordingly. It isn't that hard to memorize them.
Another question: did you have the original game for N64 and played it?

2 weapons look almost identicle apart from the colours of tiny dots it has nothign to do with memorising anything.
Blue is timed
red is rremote
green is proxy
See i have memorised them just its still hard to distinguish between them mostly timed and proxy.

timed were yellow in the original.

Another thing the icons when picking up the mines all look the same.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 09:30:13 pm by keefy »

PPK

• Warrior Nation
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2009, 09:30:38 pm »

There you have it, you memorized them. Now use your memory to deploy the mine the way you find most convenient. If you can't distinguish between blue and green in a dim light, then the color can be changed to yellow as it was in the original.

What did you mean with this? That you can't tell the difference between the CMag and the SMG's?

Sergeant Kelly

• Deus Ex Fan.
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2009, 10:54:36 pm »

The problem is not memorising them, the problem is seeing the dots.  2 of the mines have same number of dots in a similar formation making them look way to samey.
Oh and i threw in the gold and silver PP7's

It's actually fairly easy to tell what weapons those are. You have Timed, Timed, Silver, Gold, Proxy, and Remote.

If it's really too hard for you to differentiate the mine icons or notice the pistol glow, then either increase your gamma or turn off quick weaponswitch. In the posted scenario you can also step out into the light source while the generator repairs. A weapon icon would be gaudy and would clutter up the HUD.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 10:59:22 pm by Sergeant Kelly »

keefy

• EWJ
  • 00 Agent
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2009, 11:23:29 pm »

It's actually fairly easy to tell what weapons those are. You have Timed, Timed, Silver, Gold, Proxy, and Remote.

If it's really too hard for you to differentiate the mine icons or notice the pistol glow, then either increase your gamma or turn off quick weaponswitch.
My brightness is fully towards the left and always is.
quickwepswitch stays off.

Forget about the darkness it doesnt matter.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 11:50:48 pm by keefy »

mincho

• Agent
  • mincho has no influence.
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2009, 05:48:33 am »

i recall Ge64 told you which mine you picked up, as well as any other weapons.  There are already icons telling you you picked up weapons on teh right side, a little more description for the mines would be nice since they are all so similar.

Also as far as remote mines are concerned, i usually end up blowing myself up when i try to do the quick detonate... is it possible to bind this to its own key perhaps? or at least a key combo that doesn't fire a weapon. What was it in the original? A + B?

WatchMyTrace

• Secret Agent
  • WatchMyTrace has no influence.
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2009, 06:14:34 am »

i recall Ge64 told you which mine you picked up, as well as any other weapons.  There are already icons telling you you picked up weapons on teh right side, a little more description for the mines would be nice since they are all so similar.

Also as far as remote mines are concerned, i usually end up blowing myself up when i try to do the quick detonate... is it possible to bind this to its own key perhaps? or at least a key combo that doesn't fire a weapon. What was it in the original? A + B?

Just press 5 and find out.

Agreed! I often blow myself out attempting this but, binding it to a single key would make it too easy, i like the fact that it requires skill and is a method which needs practice to master (see my last post) but it does fell as though it could use some refining. Can't quite explain it yet ill have to fiddle around with it more to say exactly how.

-EDIT-
after a little testing the problem to me is that the timeing for clicking the two buttons seems to be a little too specific. Most of the time i execute blowing one in mid air but immediatly thow another i guess i'm slightly pressing 'fire' before 'alt fire' it would help to have it a little less specific about having to press them completly simultaneously and not both exploding and throwing another one, if not done correctly it should only thow another.

Is that understandable? I don't know if i made it all that clear

-EDIT-EDIT-
unrelated but adding animation to the watch face would be a nice detailed touch 8)

« Last Edit: February 11, 2009, 06:41:17 am by WatchMyTrace »

keefy

• EWJ
  • 00 Agent
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2009, 06:24:22 am »

The only reason it was A+B was the lack of buttons easily accessible on the controller.
Lets make it so we have to press 2 buttons to scroll backwards through our weapons shall we?

You can script the detonation sequence very easily or macro it if you have a logitech G15, G9 or Razer mice/keyboards with synapse.

Paste into your autoexec.cfg
Code: [Select]
alias +boom "+attack2;+attack"
alias -boom "-attack2;-attack"
bind "key" "+boom"
« Last Edit: February 11, 2009, 06:39:42 am by keefy »

WatchMyTrace

• Secret Agent
  • WatchMyTrace has no influence.
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2009, 06:44:56 am »

Paste into your autoexec.cfg
Code: [Select]
alias +boom "+attack2;+attack"
alias -boom "-attack2;-attack"
bind "key" "+boom"

Damn that ruins everything

keefy

• EWJ
  • 00 Agent
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2009, 06:49:10 am »

Doesnt ruin anything what does ruin it is the way it works now is flawed to begin with,  The original did not use any attack buttons so you never threw a mine when you wanted to blow one up.    It should be mapped to +attack2 it makes sense and works much better if only 1 key is pressed.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2009, 07:15:36 am by keefy »

PPK

• Warrior Nation
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2009, 12:32:27 pm »

I feel comfortable with the way it comes by default. It was never a limitation because players could change the settings to whatever they wanted, although it isn't too direct because you have to fiddle around with .cfg files.

The original told you which weapon you had pick up, but then the message would disappear  (obvious). On GE:S, only the icons appear and probably a bit of text could come along too, since ti wouldn't clutter the HUD too much and then it would be gone after a while.

Ryan [Saiz]

• Retired Developer
  • Ryan [Saiz] is looked down upon.
    • My Site
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2009, 05:31:45 am »

Quote from: Loafie, Hero of Dreams
He's kind of like a tornado. He's not around all the time, but when he is, shit gets moved hahaha

Sergeant Kelly

• Deus Ex Fan.
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2009, 05:33:59 am »

He's holding an armed proximity mine! Don't move!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up