GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 19, 2024, 06:38:50 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: [Dev's Ask Fans] What do you want in Beta 3?  (Read 48956 times)

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
Re: [Dev's Ask Fans] What do you want in Beta 3?
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2008, 07:57:51 am »

really? my mouse buttons are set to jump and zoom in, and this doesnt work for me

+ATTACK1 and +ATTACK2 buttons pushed together at the right time will get them to detonate...

StrikerMan780

• Hellbender
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • StrikerMan780 has no influence.
« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2008, 10:03:29 pm »

Quote from: Me, In another thread
Make the Aim mode more like GoldenEye's, as in being to aim the Crosshair at any point on the screen with the mouse. This function exists in SMOD and PD: Source, and it would be cool to see it in GES.

That's all I want. :)

BTW, I heard someone say there were no props in the original N64 Goldeneye MP... Not entirely true, Archives had some Explosive boxes, and Bunker had some exploding monitors. IIRC, some levels had a chair or two as well.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2008, 10:07:35 pm by StrikerMan780 »

Check out [SM]'s HL2: Deathmatch Server! I've worked hard on making it the best it can be.

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2008, 04:14:54 am »

There's an +attack1 now?

Since reloading mines makes no sense, why not have +reload work as a detonation trigger?  That would prevent a need to alias the two-action combo to make a one-touch det, it will be a key that everyone will have within easy reach, it wouldn't require adding a new +ge_detonate sort of command, and wouldn't get in the way of anything.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2008, 04:55:04 am »

but the fact is there is some skill involved in the detonating of mines in people's faces, its supposed to be challenging and annoying (thats the drawback!)

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2008, 12:52:10 am »

That's all I want. :)

BTW, I heard someone say there were no props in the original N64 Goldeneye MP... Not entirely true, Archives had some Explosive boxes, and Bunker had some exploding monitors. IIRC, some levels had a chair or two as well.

I really hope GE: Source does not ever use the aiming like Perfect Dark Source has. It is just annoying turning the mouse to watch the aim crosshair on the side of the screen. Not to mention how much of a pain in ass it was to walk straight and keep the mouse in a decent position. It is just a weird and awkward feeling. Hope that feature never gets in. :D

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2008, 01:54:58 am »

There's an +attack1 now?

Since reloading mines makes no sense, why not have +reload work as a detonation trigger?  That would prevent a need to alias the two-action combo to make a one-touch det, it will be a key that everyone will have within easy reach, it wouldn't require adding a new +ge_detonate sort of command, and wouldn't get in the way of anything.

+attack1 has always been in.. Thats the primary fire lol you should know that!

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2008, 12:13:26 am »

I would like to see some regulations on jumping and mine throw distance/Self damage.

Because some certain people, not gonna name names *cough* all of WNx *cough* abuse the jumping. Sure I can see jumping a little, but when you don't walk you jump everywhere it makes the game VERY boring and frankly pisses everyone off. So some sort of delay or a serious slow down when jumping and a second before you pick up speed after jump.

Next the mine toss thing. Mine toss is fine, but not when you can throw the mine across a room is a little ridiculous.   Also maybe harsher self damage from a mine blast, the fact you can blow a mine in your face and it kill me and you live even after a couple zmg clips.... well that needs some change.

These are the few things I think HAVE to be changed in B3.

Other cool features would be each character having his own hand and sleeve, but that could wait till B4.
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

VC

• Retired Developer
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2008, 12:16:06 am »

Once hitscan weapons are in and working, I intend to experiment with goldeneye projectiles such as UFO and GrenL and see if we can get appropriate initial velocities so they too can live up to the canon standard.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM

Doc.NO

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Doc.NO hides in shadows.
« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2008, 02:47:24 am »

So some sort of delay or a serious slow down when jumping and a second before you pick up speed after jump.
That would actually be a good idea. Not the slow down, its too much css-like. But the delay sounds pretty cool.

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2008, 05:03:50 am »

Because some certain people, not gonna name names *cough* all of WNx *cough* abuse the jumping.

Not all of them. ::) But yeah, I know.
Those are some good ideas.
Next the mine toss thing. Mine toss is fine, but not when you can throw the mine across a room is a little ridiculous.

What if you threw it like a frisbee? ;)
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

mbsurfer

• Inactive Tester
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.
« Reply #40 on: November 19, 2008, 05:04:03 am »

I can see Bunnyhopping  becoming apart of this, and that's not a good thing.. :-\ We don't want this anything like CSS.

VC

• Retired Developer
« Reply #41 on: November 19, 2008, 06:15:13 am »

"Not the slow down, its too much css-like. But the delay sounds pretty cool."

I already proposed a fix. :D

StrikerMan780

• Hellbender
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • StrikerMan780 has no influence.
« Reply #42 on: November 22, 2008, 07:21:47 am »

I really hope GE: Source does not ever use the aiming like Perfect Dark Source has. It is just annoying turning the mouse to watch the aim crosshair on the side of the screen. Not to mention how much of a pain in ass it was to walk straight and keep the mouse in a decent position. It is just a weird and awkward feeling. Hope that feature never gets in. :D
That's not what I meant..... (Why doesn't anyone listen to me, and why is it that people constantly misinterpret me whenever they do?) [/horridmood]
FFS. Now I feel the dire need to rant.

Ok, for one... Aim Mode is only triggered while holding down a key/button in Goldeneye 64 and GES, and isn't always on like in PD:Source.
Second, Once Aim mode is released, your aim snaps back into the center of the screen.
Third, Aim mode isn't meant for constant movement, you are basically slowed to a standstill while in aim mode to make a steady shot.
FOURTH, It worked perfectly Fine in GE64, Works fine in HL2 SMOD when Bound to a key, and works perfectly on a mouse setup.

Ugh... I am in a horrible mood, but better judgement is keeping me from cussing out a random person. I'm under a lot of stress. I'm moving far away from my home for a long time, and my anxiety is through the roof.

Check out [SM]'s HL2: Deathmatch Server! I've worked hard on making it the best it can be.

VC

• Retired Developer
« Reply #43 on: November 22, 2008, 02:59:13 pm »

OT: Passive-agressive much?  Learn to channel anxiety into manning up and being cool, or your lack of discipline will be your downfall.  All you needed to say was "you're not following me, bk, let me explain..."

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #44 on: November 23, 2008, 09:03:15 am »

That's not what I meant..... (Why doesn't anyone listen to me, and why is it that people constantly misinterpret me whenever they do?) [/horridmood]
FFS. Now I feel the dire need to rant.

Ok, for one... Aim Mode is only triggered while holding down a key/button in Goldeneye 64 and GES, and isn't always on like in PD:Source.
Second, Once Aim mode is released, your aim snaps back into the center of the screen.
Third, Aim mode isn't meant for constant movement, you are basically slowed to a standstill while in aim mode to make a steady shot.
FOURTH, It worked perfectly Fine in GE64, Works fine in HL2 SMOD when Bound to a key, and works perfectly on a mouse setup.

Ugh... I am in a horrible mood, but better judgement is keeping me from cussing out a random person. I'm under a lot of stress. I'm moving far away from my home for a long time, and my anxiety is through the roof.

Yeah man. I just didn't understand where you were coming from. It sounds like you are just wanting the exact same aiming method that goldeneye 64 used, which worked great. I like the snap aim and view and stuff in it. If that was implemented, it would be good. Sorry if I made you all frustrated.

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Up