GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 19, 2024, 04:47:46 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: facility/runway,, streets/archives,, depot/train  (Read 34035 times)

GEPLayer

facility/runway,, streets/archives,, depot/train
« on: September 23, 2007, 10:20:05 pm »

I think the beta is pretty good.. i think levels like the cradle do good, but indoor levels like caves and facility call for smaller guns/characters for more spacial environment (i'm used to css).

However,, what I was really going to recommend;
combine levels like facility and runway together to make uber-sized maps..

You could also do connections like the depot and train,, and even crazier,, jungle and control... I suppose you'd be able to do it for dam/facility/runway,, as cradle is rather large too.. The aspect of being able to look from the first level of the dam to the runway to a certain degree (you can almost start to feel it around the tank area in the original n64 runway). Also making use of alot more doors and secret passages would be nice.

Multiplayer mods,,, such as capture the flag,, man with the golden gun, would be interesting to implement in options..

And as for my final stretch,, I think it would be a neat idea to add some multiplayer co-op scenarios like breaking people out of the bunker,,, or launching the moonraker space shuttle (was that really the objective in N64)? idk about GES, but CSS can hold up to 50 players, and you could have great objective maps out of the combinations of levels i was mentioning. IE: 4x40 (like in Perfect Dark where the weaker players respawn and try to kill the strong players).

oboe

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • oboe is looked down upon.
Re: facility/runway,, streets/archives,, depot/train
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2007, 10:25:14 pm »

This has all been discussed.

Also, I'd like to say,
That you need to play Facility_classic
because that is one of those uber long levels.

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2007, 10:29:15 pm »

We'd looked at the potential of Runway and Facility being unified, but there's a major gameplay issue with a map that long and that linear.  Facility Complete is the limit for bad flow that one can really put up with, and if you ever had two or three man Facility Backzone, you know how boring and isolated it can get with just that much floorspace.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

Semedi

• Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Semedi has no influence.
    • GNardone.com
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2007, 12:52:19 am »

Fun fact:

Facility_classic originally had Runway attached to it as well, and the reason it was cut from the map you now see in the mod is that Facility has green fog inside it, and green fog looks really damn bizaare outside on the Runway.
Sims 3 Producer - Follow me on Twitter @SimGuruGraham

Luchador

• Retired Lead Developer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 175
  • Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!
    • My Website
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2007, 01:09:34 am »

I just played depot to see if a train/depot level would be feasible and I think it would. All you'd have to do is extend a small portion of depot and make a couple more ways to get in and out of the train. It wouldn't deviate too much from the original layout, but it would make the level flow much better. I wouldn't make a train/depot level that was exactly like the original due to train's extremely linear layout.

Cyan

• Secret Agent
  • Cyan has no influence.
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2007, 05:09:09 am »

Also the only cannon connection between the Dam and the Facility/Runway in not even completely defined, a 200 meter budgie jump with a piton gun that you somehow end up in a bathroom.

nowhere

• 00 Agent
  • nowhere has no influence.
    • Janus Syndicate
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2007, 05:21:28 am »

You end up in a vent and that vent was supposedly connected to a vent in the platform at the bottom of the dam.

Cyan

• Secret Agent
  • Cyan has no influence.
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2007, 05:28:06 am »

I remember the vent, and it has been a little while since I watched the movie but I think it was only a small cantilevered outcropping of cement that could not have been the bathroom itself.

oboe

• Secret Agent
  • oboe is looked down upon.
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2007, 06:41:20 am »

he had to cut bars on the vent.

Xanatos

• Colombian Decaffeinated Coffee Crystals
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Xanatos has no influence.
    • The Janus Syndicate
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2007, 01:24:33 pm »

I don't think levels should be combined, but a slight teaser for another level on existing levels (ex. the first car of train on depot) is a good idea.

WNxBIGBIRD

• Agent
  • WNxBIGBIRD has no influence.
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2007, 12:50:58 pm »

I agree with Xanatos

GEPLayer

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2007, 07:36:54 pm »

well depot/train is probably the best suitbable even over streets/archives... The train level is long enough to cut out of the general depot where you could have the end where you jump out be guarded by a bunch of crates.. YOu could then follow an added extension track that loops around to some very random spot of the depot.

along the same lines,, how about getting the bunker level up with you able to climb out the middle air vent room and head over to the top of the exit door? It's still pretty big,, but you could constrict the environment to be more of an ambient passage way with an attic feel to it.

Luchador

• Retired Lead Developer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 175
  • Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!
    • My Website
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2007, 07:53:23 pm »

I've actually thought about combining part of surface and bunker, but the problem is that the big vent in bunker and the big vent in surface don't really "line up." You'd have to rearrange bunker or surface (surface would be easier) in some way to make it work.

Semedi

• Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Semedi has no influence.
    • GNardone.com
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2007, 09:39:23 pm »

along the same lines,, how about getting the bunker level up with you able to climb out the middle air vent room and head over to the top of the exit door? It's still pretty big,, but you could constrict the environment to be more of an ambient passage way with an attic feel to it.

Bunker is currently set up like this. You can climb up and out of the silo, which then connects outdoors to the helipad area with the Bunker's normal entrance. It's true though that it doesn't line up the same way it does according to the Surface level on the N64.
Sims 3 Producer - Follow me on Twitter @SimGuruGraham

GEPLayer

« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2007, 08:23:39 am »

i never noticed that while playing it on the 64...
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up