GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 12:23:52 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: GES Update 07/22/12 Delaying v4.2 + Caverns + Loading Screens  (Read 46274 times)

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
Re: GES Update 07/22/12 Delaying v4.2 + Caverns + Loading Screens
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2012, 02:03:47 pm »

I wouldn't call the server browser fixed. It's still working a little unreliable and slow.
Compared to valves own games and mods e.g. Gmod, the server list loads much slower.
Also for me it won't load at all if i got some additional traffic e.g. svn updating or even websites loading.

So working yes, perfectly fixed, no.

SliDer

• Played GoldenEye, Now Playing GoldenEye Source.
  • Agent
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • SliDer has no influence.
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2012, 12:29:18 am »

Now im a player of GES my self long time and awaiting 4.2 hope it comes out soon (Like lets say tomarrow plz)
Never Born, Came From the Depths of Hell and Heaven, And is good at GoldenEye Source.

Kratos

• Reputation Power: 125
  • Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2012, 11:17:08 pm »

So apparently I did try out v4.2 and holy shit it was amazing. I kept getting my ass kicked by those bots all the time.

How or where did I get it and play it?

In my dream! hahha :-)

Peroxwhy?gen

• GE:S Lifer
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 20
  • Peroxwhy?gen might someday be someone...Peroxwhy?gen might someday be someone...Peroxwhy?gen might someday be someone...Peroxwhy?gen might someday be someone...
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2012, 12:38:16 am »

Now im a player of GES my self long time and awaiting 4.2 hope it comes out soon (Like lets say tomarrow plz)

What proxie said :D

I SHOOT YOU FUCKING 16 PP7 SHOOTS AND YOU DONT DIE MAN

terps4life90

« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2012, 01:05:53 am »

Rick Astley

• Reputation Power: 174
  • Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2012, 02:05:14 am »

well it should be coming out soon it has nearly been 1 week and hopefully the server browser feature wont crash agian :) we just got to hang in there!!!

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2012, 03:08:07 pm »

bare with us guys. Patience.

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2012, 04:08:03 pm »

yeah, I can tell you, the machine is running very hot, all the way to the stop
finished: ge_funhouse v4 Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?urjfs3ra2zdslcz

SliDer

• Played GoldenEye, Now Playing GoldenEye Source.
  • Agent
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • SliDer has no influence.
« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2012, 01:54:57 am »

OK
Its Friday can we plz have notice about the New Release date of GOLDENEYE SOURCE V.4.2
Never Born, Came From the Depths of Hell and Heaven, And is good at GoldenEye Source.

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2012, 02:27:01 am »

OK
Its Friday can we plz have notice about the New Release date of GOLDENEYE SOURCE V.4.2

Yeah, I'll notice you to be patient. Thank you.

Kratos

• Reputation Power: 125
  • Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2012, 04:42:19 am »

bare with us guys. HAVE FUCKING Patience!!!!!!. :)

Rick Astley

• Reputation Power: 174
  • Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2012, 02:27:06 pm »

bare with us guys. Patience.

by the way CCsaint10 will Siberia be altered to include bots (also to anyone will Grid be bot enabled?)

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2012, 03:11:36 pm »

If you look, the media update shows bots in Siberia ;)
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

Emilia

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #43 on: July 28, 2012, 03:51:43 pm »

Yes, any of the third party maps will need to be ported over to v4.2

I have no idea who is doing the others...
MaJoR: "This is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo getting to be awesome"

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #44 on: July 28, 2012, 04:20:32 pm »

We were ready to release, and we always hit our release commitments.

This was a valve related delay, and then after that bug arose we then chose to squeeze more in (that was on the cusp of ready) for the benefit of players getting more features ; and us not knowing when exactly valve would fix things at the time.

Don't strictly believe anyone that isn't either a project manager or a PR rep.

Even some of the devs and insiders with 'the skinny' are not correct about the teams position.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up