GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 19, 2024, 03:15:18 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Application: Videographer  (Read 36534 times)

TriDefiance

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 78
  • TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!
Application: Videographer
« on: August 19, 2012, 04:18:24 am »

Hello GE:S Team, I'm currently applying to become the official videographer for GoldenEye: Source. My name is Anthony, and I've been editing content for about two years. I use a couple of programs to record/edit my work, such as:

• Sony Vegas Pro/Studio (Main Editing Program)
• Adobe After Effects (Still learning)
• Source Engine Demo Smoother
• Fraps
• Audacity

My latest video made for GoldenEye can be found here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbNXnxDqw_I&feature=plcp

I always prefer to showcase my work in either 720p or 1080p. Having good quality, and perfection is all I strive for!
Thanks! :)

Emilia

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!
Re: Application: Videographer
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2012, 05:13:25 am »

This trailer is ok.

For one, I would ALWAYS use our music in our trailers. The music that our developers create is a huge part of our mod. Secondly, some of the filming angles were a bit odd and the camera was nearly running into objects around the maps.

I'm no expert, but a person who is going to be given this job needs to be excellent.

I do think you have potential though :)
MaJoR: "This is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo getting to be awesome"

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2012, 06:09:51 am »

I rate him. So many video contributors in the past posting fan videos on our forums have never used real source videography (demo smoother etc)

Music is a non-issue if he was to be in the team, we'd supply it.

Couldn't hurt to trial I say. With just a handful of directions + ideas that would be as good as our latest official trailer.

Is he a hard worker, is the real test we would find out.

Emilia

• 00 Agent
  • Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2012, 06:15:50 am »

Well, everyone has access to the music, as they are mp3s in the Steam directory :)

I have really liked his input on the forum for the past couple of weeks and I think there is some dedication there.

MaJoR: "This is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo getting to be awesome"

Rick Astley

• Reputation Power: 174
  • Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2012, 08:23:58 am »

The Trailer was good:
from 0:00 to 0:17 was alright- though it was unnessary for the subtitles of the maps

from 0:17 to 0:28 i expected more gun fights and explosions rather than just walking around- the music has an adrenaline feel so it should have cut from action to action but it feels a bit dull

from 0:28 to 0:41 the "more features" title maybe could have been shortened, the loading screens are a nice touch

from 0:42 to 1:00 is a very good montage i enjoyed it

from 1:00 to 1:11 is pretty much the same

from 1:12 to 1:42 the gunbarrel is good- i love the reduced speed of Bonds walk (hint hint devs) but the music played just ruins it

here are some suggestions the david arnold Craig Bond Theme doesnt suit it at all i would suggest this track:
(it was used in a Timothy Dalton Tribute video)

but yeah mainly the goldeneye source tracks are the best:

- Life of a Spy

For England

The Goldeneye 4.1 Release Trailer Music

anyway thats just my view= you did a good job and i look forward to seeing more of your videos :)

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2012, 11:01:07 am »

TriDefiance, I like your video (except the music) and I would be glad to see you in the team
finished: ge_funhouse v4 Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?urjfs3ra2zdslcz

liamcadhain

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2012, 11:08:26 am »

As I've said in a previous thread I'm not a huge fan of the music used in the trailer either. Still it was nicely edited and put together and I wish you the very best of luck with your application!

TriDefiance

• 00 Agent
  • TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2012, 12:27:00 pm »

For one, I would ALWAYS use our music in our trailers. The music that our developers create is a huge part of our mod. Secondly, some of the filming angles were a bit odd and the camera was nearly running into objects around the maps.

I was unaware at the time that the music from GE:S had to be used in a video, sorry about that. As for some of the filming angles, can you tell me which scenes were running into objects? Thanks!

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2012, 01:54:36 pm »

I've wanted to see a dedicated videographer on the team for some time. You have the skills and the right tools.

Trial!
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

Luchador

• Retired Lead Developer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 175
  • Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!
    • My Website
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2012, 02:01:57 pm »

I like this man's attitude! And the trailer really does a nice job showing quickly but thoroughly the changes the 4.2.

Trial!

Excidium

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • Excidium barely matters.Excidium barely matters.
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2012, 06:18:52 pm »

This Video was very smooth...the music to me was trivial...this is just a preview of work to come, with this kinda quality work and effort great things can come!  I agree, Trial

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2012, 02:51:30 am »

I agree, Your overall editing was pretty damn neat, And I believe that with more of these, You can do even better! You have a lot of potential and I believe you should be given a chance :)

TriDefiance

• 00 Agent
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2012, 03:55:00 am »

I agree, Your overall editing was pretty damn neat, And I believe that with more of these, You can do even better! You have a lot of potential and I believe you should be given a chance :)

Thanks!

mbsurfer

• Inactive Tester
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.

terps4life90

« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2012, 11:38:53 pm »

Good luck to your TriDefiance.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up