GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 19, 2024, 09:43:14 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Application: Programmer  (Read 16385 times)

J.D.

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • J.D. has no influence.
Application: Programmer
« on: February 07, 2013, 06:41:31 pm »

Hello guys. I'd love to contribute with my skills in this awesome mod.

Languages: C, C++, C#, JavaScript, Lua, UnrealScript, and other scripts languages that isn't very relevant.

I have worked with most of game engines, including Source (the first HL2 build, mostly).

I like A.I., but I have no experience with this actually. My experience is with Game Flows, Game Mechanics and Physics. Examples: Character movement logics, interactions between players and envronments, game patterns creation, and so on.

About the Valve toolset, I really need to study a little better, in terms of coding, just some map coding for L4D, nothing envolving writing actually. But I don't think will be very hard to learn on the run, once tihs is how we programmers always do.

Hope to talk better, waiting for response.

Some of my work:

Goldeneye Remake usign Unreal

A very very old project of mine

Still working on a better portfolio. This links are just to show a little my works.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
J.D.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 07:02:54 pm by J.D. »

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
Re: Application: Programmer
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2013, 12:02:12 am »

I appreciate your application, however I do have one question (and this is not derogatory in any way):

What will you bring to GE:S?

I want to hear what you think you can do to improve the game as it is right now.

J.D.

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • J.D. has no influence.
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2013, 12:33:22 am »

I'll be honest.

I understand how modding takes a lot of time, but I, like tons of people that played Goldeneye in 90's wants to see the Single Player version of this game.

A lot of stuff is already made, I know that, I've been playing GE:S a lot last days, but I was really thinking in adding more stuff in the future. Stuff that coulde be used not only in MP, but also in SP.

Please let me know if I'm really very out of question in my thought. Thanks in advance.

azomp

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • azomp barely matters.azomp barely matters.
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2013, 06:14:17 am »

If you want to have a SP then you have to perfect the MP first. That is after all where the game is right now. Make that solid and complete and more people will play it, after that the demand will come for the original missions.

However if it gets too popular then maybe the lawyers might get involved, as a multi-player mod it has less chance of developing that way.

So please do contribute.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2013, 02:38:36 pm »

J.D.

I'm sorry, but from what you presented and discussed, I don't think you have the skills to contribute to the mod at its current state.

I encourage you to continue learning game development and making contributions to the modding community. I had to do A LOT of work outside of game development to get where I am today, try making some desktop applications that show off interesting ideas and skills, as an example.

Also, when submitting a programming application, always include an easily-accessible example of code that you have written.

Thank you
Pages: [1]   Go Up