GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 04:01:11 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Ge_MI6_HQ  (Read 39822 times)

Boris_Crack

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 17
  • Boris_Crack is working their way up.Boris_Crack is working their way up.Boris_Crack is working their way up.
Ge_MI6_HQ
« on: January 27, 2012, 12:10:06 am »

So, I didn't wanna make an update until I had all my textures done but, fuck it. I wanna do this so you guys can take me more seriously. So, my plan is to make a small multiplayer map based on the MI6 Headquarter we see in the late Brosnan's movies. Only the floor and walls have been made so far. It contains M's office from Die Another Day, Moneypenny's office(and several other offices like it) from TWINE, Q Division(Q Lab) and the Situation Room from Goldeneye and these rooms are all connected using hallways like the ones we see in DAD. So far, only the hallways, M's office and moneypenny's office has been textured. Most of the textures have been made by me. Also the skybox is just temporary(the final level is gonna be at night). There is still A LOT of work to do and this is just my first update on it.

Most important : BE COOL, this is my first map ever, and my first big 3D work too(never really used a 3D program before).

Also, I'm having texture glitch in three places on my floor.

Here are the screenshots

Currently in Progress : ge_mi6 hq

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!
Re: Ge_MI6_HQ
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2012, 12:24:25 am »

MI6 headquarter again? Sam Colt is also working on a map like this. I´d like to see two versions of this setting. your map looks promising, keep it up. and don´t forget to include cubemaps in every room (https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Cubemaps), areaportals (https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Areaportal) and stuff like that. maybe a ceiling, too. ;P
and there are many 1024x1024 textures in goldeneye you can use for the walls and the floors later.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 12:26:07 am by The Cy »
finished: ge_funhouse v4 Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?urjfs3ra2zdslcz

Boris_Crack

• Secret Agent
  • Boris_Crack is working their way up.Boris_Crack is working their way up.Boris_Crack is working their way up.
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2012, 12:43:48 am »

MI6 headquarter again? Sam Colt is also working on a map like this. I´d like to see two versions of this setting. your map looks promising, keep it up. and don´t forget to include cubemaps in every room (https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Cubemaps), areaportals (https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Areaportal) and stuff like that. maybe a ceiling, too. ;P
and there are many 1024x1024 textures in goldeneye you can use for the walls and the floors later.
Thank you. Let me make this clear, my map is a close replica of the MI6 we see in brosnan's movies(with improvisations on the parts not seen in the movies) and Sam Colt's MI6 is based on the TWINE game level. As for the ceiling, like I said above, this is the early development of the map, I'm gonna do the ceiling when every rooms are finished. Thank you very much for the post though.

Boris_Crack

• Secret Agent
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2012, 03:38:19 am »

Well if nobody is interested I might just keep it for myself and leave you guys alone.

Proxie

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 141
  • Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2012, 07:52:16 am »

Don't expect a large numbers of replies within a short time period, most frequent members are probably sleeping right now anyway (1:50 AM Proxie time)  That being said, I can't really judge the map as it is now, keep working on it and providing updates every now and then.

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2012, 09:30:38 am »

I wouldn't say that there's no interrest, it's just a bit early to say anything that is not subject to be changed.
If you'd provide a screenshot of the entire map layout we would be able to give suggestions about that.
Anything else is much to early to give feedback about.

terps4life90

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2012, 09:35:23 am »

I also agree with Kraid.

Boris_Crack

• Secret Agent
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2012, 11:39:00 pm »

Sorry guys if I'm acting childish. It's just that this is my first map and I think it looks REALLY good so far, so, I was expecting a little too much from you guys. Sorry again.

Boris_Crack

• Secret Agent
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2012, 10:50:11 pm »

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2012, 11:50:41 pm »

Quick video update.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKSoyu_DQgE&feature=youtu.be

so far so good; scaling looks ok to me. try to finish the layout, seal up some open shapes and add a ceiling soon. and then you can think about the funny stuff: cubemaps, light models with lights, areaportals, playerclips, early textures work, maybe some architectonic varieties that entertain the golden eyes of the players. and of course decals. without decals, life would be totally useless
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 11:55:33 pm by The Cy »
finished: ge_funhouse v4 Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?urjfs3ra2zdslcz

Emilia

• 00 Agent
  • Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2012, 04:13:03 am »

It's looking pretty good. I'm just afraid that when you put the roof on, it is going to be a bit claustrophobic.
MaJoR: "This is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo getting to be awesome"

Sam Colt

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 44
  • Sam Colt is a force to reckon with.Sam Colt is a force to reckon with.Sam Colt is a force to reckon with.Sam Colt is a force to reckon with.Sam Colt is a force to reckon with.Sam Colt is a force to reckon with.Sam Colt is a force to reckon with.Sam Colt is a force to reckon with.
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2012, 04:41:33 am »

Looks cool, but what are you basing it off of blue print wise?
Completed: twine_mi6_sc, 1138_hangout, ge_garrison

Boris_Crack

• Secret Agent
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2012, 02:53:42 pm »

so far so good; scaling looks ok to me. try to finish the layout, seal up some open shapes and add a ceiling soon. and then you can think about the funny stuff: cubemaps, light models with lights, areaportals, playerclips, early textures work, maybe some architectonic varieties that entertain the golden eyes of the players. and of course decals. without decals, life would be totally useless
Thank you really much. Yeah I had to rescale the map in the early development wich was a pain in the ass. The rooms are gonna be finished of course, it's just that I was lazy lately. I've allready put cubemaps all over my map(in front of the windows and glass doors). As for entertaining the golden eyes, since the begining my plan is to recreate the place as we see it in the movie, including desks, lamps, tv screen in M's office wall, lost of props in Q Division(attractive to the eye and people can hide behind them, also if I can get a free Aston Martin model for 3ds), lights and picture frames like in Die Another Day. Anyway, thank you really much!

Boris_Crack

• Secret Agent
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2012, 02:54:58 pm »

It's looking pretty good. I'm just afraid that when you put the roof on, it is going to be a bit claustrophobic.
It might be, yes. But I'll do my best to make it look good. Thank you.

Boris_Crack

• Secret Agent
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2012, 02:59:39 pm »

Looks cool, but what are you basing it off of blue print wise?
No lol. Just basing myself off the movie scenes. I'm just improvising on the parts not shown in the movies. And also I'm a perfectionnist wich helps a lot in this case. Thank you really much.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Up