GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 04:37:20 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mapper, working on Dam  (Read 6138 times)

seamus mclove

Mapper, working on Dam
« on: August 29, 2007, 01:24:23 am »

Hi, ive been mapping for a while, and recently had a original idea to recreate some N64 goldeneye levels, and i've gotten a short way into making a (very loosely, for multiplayers sake) CS:S dam map. Whilst i was looking for some reference shots of the original game (ive never owned it, just played it when wasted) i found that you lot had made a huge mod and stuff; which nearly made me cry! you swine! Anyway, if you want me to finish it as far as i can (this computer is havin difficulty settin SDK up for GE for some reason) or send you screenies or do it, then let you convert it into GE, then just say and i will. Also, im dead up for doing any other mappin things you want done, as long as you give me some reference, if you want some material ive done before to show you i can do that :)

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
Re: Mapper, working on Dam
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2007, 01:39:58 am »

Youre enthusiasm is there, but to be honest you dont understand how our mod works i think.

You dont just "offer" us a map you are working on. You apply formally with some details about you and some media shots of your work straight up, as if a commitment to the project if you want your map to be in our game - and continue to help the mod.

No mapper from here i can conceivably see taking over your work if thats what you are suggesting. If you wish to show us your skills by way of screenshots and formally apply with the "formal" method we would be more inclined to take you serious. Show us other mapping youve done in hammer too! it will show us your brush work limits and potential.

Again i like your perspective on the fact GE:S exists and you have a map you are excited about (not tryin to be harsh), but you act as though we privelidged to recieve your work and that it is a small-time project. We've won mod awards, we expect certain levels of professionalism in favour of your post.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2007, 01:42:40 am by Wake[of]theBunT »
Pages: [1]   Go Up