Debriefing > Bug Reports & Fixes

Brightness problem, and another question

(1/4) > >>

Game_Master001:
My screen has brightness and contrast to the max, and in GESource I have set its brightness to the max. Still, I can't read those lines in the black box (it isn't my screen as it produced everything as bright as it should be, and it aren't my eyes either), and levels like Temple are too dark to play. How do I get it brighter?

I think there's more wrong. When I set up a server, in the first tab I can choose the map, and in the second tab I can't select anything (it's empty in there). Is this supposed to happen?
Also when going in the server, I can only choose to spectate, to randomly choose something, and choose between 2 teams (M16 and Janus). I should be able to select a gametype and my character, right?

And is it possible adding bots? There are but few servers and they're all empty.

Doc.NO:

--- Quote from: Game_Master001 on June 27, 2008, 12:12:40 pm ---How do I get it brighter?
--- End quote ---
I tried to have something brighter as well. Haven't found something working though.

--- Quote from: Game_Master001 on June 27, 2008, 12:12:40 pm ---I think there's more wrong. When I set up a server, in the first tab I can choose the map, and in the second tab I can't select anything (it's empty in there). Is this supposed to happen?
--- End quote ---
Yes

--- Quote from: Game_Master001 on June 27, 2008, 12:12:40 pm ---I should be able to select a gametype and my character, right?
--- End quote ---
Nonono... Ges isn't TF2 ;) you just get the right things. As for you character, press N while playing. But it will only change your skin, nothing else. Gametype is determined by the server.

--- Quote from: Game_Master001 on June 27, 2008, 12:12:40 pm ---And is it possible adding bots? There are but few servers and they're all empty.
--- End quote ---
Theres no bot support. And theres always a server with players after 6 or 7 PM GMT. :)

Game_Master001:
Now I see. Never mind about the gametype question, I thought I saw some Team DM servers but I guess I was wrong.
About the tabs, I found it weird one was completely empty, but it seems it should be that way.

About the bots question I asked, I found a video on Youtube of someone playing GESource with bots. How did he do that then? As it doesn't look fake to me, and it looks exactly the same as GESource, so there has to be a way, right?

Doc.NO:

--- Quote from: Game_Master001 on June 27, 2008, 10:06:03 pm ---I thought I saw some Team DM servers
--- End quote ---
There are

--- Quote from: Game_Master001 on June 27, 2008, 10:06:03 pm ---About the tabs, I found it weird one was completely empty
--- End quote ---
Remember: this is only a beta :)

--- Quote from: Game_Master001 on June 27, 2008, 10:06:03 pm ---About the bots question I asked, I found a video on Youtube of someone playing GESource with bots. How did he do that then? As it doesn't look fake to me, and it looks exactly the same as GESource, so there has to be a way, right?
--- End quote ---
I guess you can add some. But they will never have any AI...

kraid:

--- Quote ---I guess you can add some. But they will never have any AI...
--- End quote ---
Right, course for Bot AI there have to be special entities in the maps which guides them.
Otherwise they will be lost. As far as i know, there isn't a single AI entity in the maps.
If they were there, maybe it would work, but i see no need for Bots in GE:S.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version