GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 16, 2024, 04:45:20 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Invalid steam userID ticket  (Read 4205 times)

smuvv

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • smuvv has no influence.
Invalid steam userID ticket
« on: July 12, 2012, 02:14:36 pm »

Disconnected - Invalid steam userID ticket

When ever I try to connect to a server I get this message. If anyone knows what to do I would really appreciate some help.

Thanks!

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
Re: Invalid steam userID ticket
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2012, 02:29:19 pm »

Hello! This has been answered before, Please do a quick search before asking a question to see if it has been answered before, Thank you.

To fix this problem, First you must exit Steam, Then, You must go into your Steam root folder usually located at :
32-Bit OS - C://Program Files/Steam
64-Bit OS - C://Program Files(x86)/Steam

Then delete the 'config' folder and the clientregistry.blob file from your Steam directory, Then launch Steam again and login, You will have to pass Steam Guard so have your e-mail inbox opened up.
This should fix it, Hope that helps.

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2012, 03:40:55 pm »

this damn Invalid steam userID ticket is killing me. I can´t even tell how many times I erased files in my steam folder, but its useless - after a while the message returns. I´m totally sick of steam and such things. I just want to play a game, like I did when I was a kid - "plug and play" seems to be a foreign slogan nowadays. now you pay for a video game and you have to register in rockstar social clubs or it´s origin watching you, steam ennoying you. valve should be ashamed of messages like: "the steam game is currently unavailable, please try again later!" HELLO YOU SHITHEADS? I payed for this game! not for goldeneye, but for many other games. and every week another 200MB patch comes around. they don´t release finished games anymore - no no, that would be too much to ask for -they plan to patch their game on release day - how sick can it get? this tendency makes me very angry. the video game world turned into a greedy industry full of scumbags. and its getting worse,  interesting concepts are scarce goods, but the brain dead players still scream: "more call of duty, please!" or "I want to play FIFA14, because now the keeper can suck his own dick, how great is that! what an improvement to FIFA13 which came out yesterday! THANK GOD, EA!"
maybe one day when this invalid steam userID ticket.message will show up again, I´ll just grab my computer and throw it out of the window. or I will only stick to the games which were released in a time when RARE was the best game company.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 03:59:39 pm by The Cy »
finished: ge_funhouse v4 Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?urjfs3ra2zdslcz

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2012, 09:30:03 pm »

Calm down CY...
although you're right, it won't help you to stress yourself.
Just don't support these methods by ignoring the games and companies acting like this.
There are still some out there who do not patch or sell you just the half of the game and make you pay for unlocking DLC which were allready shipped with the game/disk.
Pages: [1]   Go Up