GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 29, 2024, 06:45:29 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Gameplay] For Your Eyes Only  (Read 7158 times)

WNxVirtualMark

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • WNxVirtualMark has no influence.
[Gameplay] For Your Eyes Only
« on: April 25, 2011, 05:31:04 pm »

Synopsis

A Briefcase is spawned somewhere on the map at the round start. Whoever picks up the Briefcase will be able to eliminate other players by killing them. Only the current Briefcase holder can eliminate players: if you are killed by anyone else, you will respawn normally. (You will also be eliminated if you commit suicide.) If the Briefcase holder is killed by another player, he or she will drop the Briefcase and respawn, and another player can pick up the Briefcase. The last player remaining wins the round!

To score points, you must have the Briefcase. You score 1 point for every elimination you make while holding the Briefcase. If you win the round, your score will be doubled for the round!

If you pick up the Briefcase, you will also be given some buffs. First, you will be given full health and armor upon picking up the Briefcase, and your speed will be slightly increased. Second, when you eliminate a player, you will regain 1 bar of health (or 1 bar of armor, if health is full).

The buffs are given to the case holder because I feel if the case holder is on equal footing with the other players, rounds will take way too long. The idea is to make the case holder powerful enough so that a skilled player should be able to get at least a few eliminations in before dying, but not so powerful as to make him or her invincible.

Credits and Thank Yous:

Credit goes to the GES Dev team, as I borrowed a lot of code from existing game modes to make this. I used MWGG as a base, added in some YOLT code, and modified it to suit my needs. After that I added in a few bits of my own. I also referenced a bunch of other offical game modes (as well as the wiki) to learn how things work.

I give massive thanks to WNxBadPlayer for offering suggestions for coding, helping me test out extensively, and being willing to upload FYEO to the WN Party Shack server for playtesting. It would have been, at the very least, much more difficult to get this completed without your help.

Thank you to everyone else in WN (plus one ex-WNer, Nightstalker, who remains a good friend to this day :) ) who helped me test FYEO out, and for putting up with my impatience to finish this up at times. You guys are awesome!

-Download-
Server owners: Install this in your gesource\scripts\python\GamePlay directory.

Revision History
1.0 (4/25/11): Initial release.
1.0.1 (4/25/11): Removed line breaks from "Buffs" help popup.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 04:10:37 pm by WNxVirtualMark »

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
Re: [Gameplay] For Your Eyes Only
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2011, 07:35:20 pm »

« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 07:41:36 pm by major »
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

Troy

• GE:S Coder
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 260
  • Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 12:17:58 am »

I suggest you remove the line breaks in the "Buffs" help popout

With

Without

The game mode has been uploaded to the QA server with that modification.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 01:39:53 am by Troy »
Complete - Arsenal, One Bullet is Enough, Tournament DM v2, TurboDM
Defunct - Agent Under Fire
VC - Being such a dick, KM must be stroked before springing into action.

WNxVirtualMark

• Agent
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2011, 04:33:36 am »

Yeah, it does seem a little odd, but the reason I put in the line breaks is because I was having this issue on my computer:

The word "plus" was cut off mid-word on my computer. Not sure why it is like that on my computer, but not on yours.

In any case, I've reuploaded the script with the line breaks removed from that popup. My original post has the new link. If anyone else is having the same issue with words being cut off in the help popups, please let me know.

« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 04:37:56 am by WNxVirtualMark »

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2011, 05:42:20 am »

Also should put the revision number in the script itself and the original post, will help you and server owners to make sure on latest version.

Looking forward to playing this. Slapping it on my couple servers, including our DEV server. So when were testing latest greatest maybe we'll test see how the balance of it is.
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

WNxVirtualMark

• Agent
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2011, 04:10:20 pm »

Version number added to original post and to the script itself.

EDIT: BadPlayer has the latest version up on WN servers now.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 05:32:07 pm by WNxVirtualMark »

Troy

• 00 Agent
  • Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2012, 05:34:23 am »

While I was in spectator mode, I noticed that it's possible for the bag carrier to go above the max armor (100%) limit.  I don't know if that's what you intended but it's kind of unfair because everyone else can only get max armor.

Troy

• 00 Agent
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2012, 03:28:57 am »

This game mode is bugged:

In the first picture it says Foes: 1 / 7, but when I held tab, it showed I had 2 Foes

In the 2nd picture it says Foes: 0 / 7, but it's clear there's one left on the radar.

Conclusion: The Foes count is off by one.
Pages: [1]   Go Up