GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 11:52:03 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [NOTABUG] VAC Conflict?  (Read 13650 times)

orangetang

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • orangetang has no influence.
[NOTABUG] VAC Conflict?
« on: June 02, 2009, 12:32:06 am »

VAC kicks me after joining a game and playing for a minute or so. I don't have this problem when playing CounterStrike Source, ever. Regardless of what GE server I join, I am kicked for a failed connection to VAC.

No Firewall, No 'internet security' software that would interfere. Is this a known issue or is something very wrong on my end?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 03:44:27 pm by killermonkey »

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
Re: [ISSUE] VAC Conflict?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2009, 12:48:22 am »

Is it saying you're VAC Banned? Check if you are on you Steam Community page and in your Steam settings window..

It could be a problem with differing client.dll/server.dll files between you and the server, double check that you're on the latest version of GES and that the server you're trying to connect to is also.

KM or one of the other devs may have a better idea than I do.
Luchador: I NEVER NAME MY FILES IN UPPER CASE
Luchador: I ONLY TALK IN UPPER CASE
[GE:S] killermonkey: GOOD TO KNOW

orangetang

• Agent
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2009, 01:54:11 am »

VAC is in good standing. I'm running v3.1.4, as is every server I would think. The Server shouldn't let any other version actually join a game, right?

I get in, play for a bit and then it kicks me. The error is a failure to connect to the VAC server. I'll try to get a screenshot up.

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2009, 01:57:00 am »

This use to happen on Version 3.0 after Valve bonked all the servers. Agree with SSL make sure your on version 3.1.4.

What servers do you see? like what are there names.

One way of stopping the kick in 3.0 was to rename/delete the "Steam.inf" in your "C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\SourceMods\gesource" Folder.

You can try renaming that, but I'd say check your version, or just redownload/reinstall the whole game.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/goldeneye-source/downloads/goldeneye-source-beta-31-full-download-exe1
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

orangetang

• Agent
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2009, 02:07:45 am »

Here is a screenshot.

Some server names are:

-Bradley University #5 GE:S 3.1.4 {Classic Mode | All Maps}
-.:WNx WarriorNation || 3.1 HLstatsx Chicago || Random Game...
-Octopussy WetSpot Official:Classic Mode[Classic Maps]

Re-downloading from the link you posted @ 1.2MB/s (nice server  ;) ) It should be done a in a couple of minutes.

I'll try the Steam.inf trick first, just to see.

orangetang

• Agent
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2009, 02:17:19 am »

There is no Steam.inf file in that directory.

Also, it just occured to me that I used the same installer as my roommate (from our house NAS), and he does not have this problem.

New file is downloaded, installing.

orangetang

• Agent
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2009, 02:37:50 am »

Reinstalled with your link.. Worked like a charm. I just played three rounds of LTK with paintball!

cheers

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2009, 01:48:46 am »

Glad our community consultants could help you so quick :D Thanks to them and enjoy our mod orange!
Pages: [1]   Go Up